Priceline Hotel: PL bidding for family trip

miles2go
By miles2go,
in

Has anybody ever encountered a problem with priceline bidding in the San Juan area with family occupancy (4 people) when bidding for a resort level property in SJU?

I know this can be dicey in some Metros such as NYC, but assume that all hotels in SJU should be of the spacious room size? (I know PL only guarantees double occupancy)

Any thoughts & experiences?

I don't think i'd do it during high season... when is your trip?

How long my stay was would also be a factor: if just one nite pre/post cruise i might take the risk, but not if this was going to be the focal point of the family vacation.

Also, San Juan hotels are not exactly known for their high level of service (especially relative to the prices they charge... guests from the "states" often expect the same service level that is received back in the mainland, but they are certainly on "island time")

With the above noted, i once received the Caribe Hilton and was able call ahead and have my bedding requests honored... but we got three rooms (only needed 2 beds in one of them) so we figured we'd be able to handle it if we weren't able to get our request honored.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

It's a tough call... inventory for this timeframe has been tough lately (i know of a particular date in the beginning of November, which had very low rates available 9 months ago, doesn't have a chance right now).

Are you looking at a Resort class property or some other? What is your expected budget? (trying to weigh the risk vs. other options)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have a backup reservation ... Since we're with 2 kids, I'm not sure if taking a lower reservation class will hurt our chances of getting the right room (i.e., 2 doubles)...

What offer do you think has a reasonable chance? (I was hoping to snatch one of those $70 type deals at the Caribe they've had lately...)

When bidding Resort in San Juan you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort San Juan...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

You can try the above for the three nite stay, and then if rejected, re-try for the two nite stay.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]