Priceline Hotel: 4* Strip Hotel Stategy?

Newbie2006
By Newbie2006,
in

Hi,

I need 2 rooms from the 1/2/07 to 1/5 for 3 nights. I would like to have on the strip and 4* (or higher, if possible?)

The lowest rate i seem on the hotwire for the 4* is around 61, so I would like to have a bidding strategy for the 4* hotel in Vegas on the strip please! and my maximum bid is 55 USD per room, per night, thank you in advance!

I think my friends would prefer somewhere more central, like aladdin. Is the one thats on hotwire most likely to be westin (the best value 4*?) how about using priceline to bid??? b/c we want to score something lower than the rate on hotwire. any stategy? If its cheap enough...I think we are fine with Westin too since its new and the heavnly bed is famous too :) there are 6 of us going together so we need 2 rooms and hopefully to get double beds :)

You have it backwards.... the HOTWIRE offer (as of yesterday) is most likely the Aladdin; if you use priceline you could end up at the Westin as it is included in priceline's "strip vicinity" zone.

Another advantage of hotwire is that if you change your search from 2adults to 2adults/1child the price of the above hotel stays the same... so you can ensure that you'll have enough sleeping accomodations for all three of you. (yes, i understand that one of you is not a child, but the above works... while searching for 3 adults does not)

Do you want to take the HOTWIRE offer above (please use the link in this post to begin your purchase) or try to beat it on Priceline (where you may get the Westin, and also are only guaranteed double occupancy)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Earlier i was only searching for one room, which is why i listed it at 2adults/1child. For two rooms you can search for 4adults/2children. You can even try searching for 4adults/4children to ensure triple occupancy in each room (and avoid any complications of one room for quad and one room for double ).... same price is showing (+/- $1) regardless of the number of occupants (except when looking for more than 2 adults per room... then the hotel doesn't show at all)

The price fluctuations you're seeing are 'standard' for Hotwire, as they fluctuate their mark-up in order to increase opacity. By changing the number of adults/children as per above you may even see a different price than your previous search (by a few dollars either way).

Here is our HOTWIRE link if you choose to go that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]