Priceline Hotel: Help with San Diego

Dalardorf
By Dalardorf,
in

Hello,

Could someone give me some pointers for a couple of rooms in the San Diego area.

I am seeking for either Downtown or Coronado areas.

Trying to stay within $100 per room prior to tax +fees and 4* if possible but wouldn't mind a 3*. Is there a Holiday Inn at 3* in these ares that I should worry about?

dates would be:

Check In: 10/10/06

Check Out: 10/14/06

So far I have tried 4* in these zones starting at $85 and upping by 3$ per rebid up to $106 the highest. I have seen others winning the Omni and other 4*s for under $100. Should I expect the same or is there soemthing special happening during these dates?

What should I expect for bidding if I cannot do 4* and have to go 3*?

Any help given will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

If you don't want to split your bid, i don't think you're too far off from your previously rejected bids... would you want to raise another $10-$20 (to $110 or $120) before dropping to a 3 star?

Let us know if you'd prefer to raise your bid (or not), split your bid and try for a 4*, or lower your bidding to a 3* and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chances are you will not find good priceline rates downtown based on the VOIP Expo, some associated industries also schedule their meetings in San Diego at the same time.

The Premier Global Event on IP Multimedia Subsystem, hosted by TMC

Co-located with the 14th INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West,

which is expected to draw 9,000 attendees.

Produced by TMC, the most trusted name in VoIP and IP Telephony. TMC is

the publisher of SIPMagazine and IMSMagazine; has published INTERNET

TELEPHONY Magazine since 1998; and is the host of INTERNET TELEPHONY

Conference & EXPO since 1999.

IMS Expo - October 11-13, 2006

San Diego Convention Center

San Diego, CA

You might have better results and pay less if you are willing to stay farther away from downtown by bidding these zones:

Pt. Loma-Old Town

Mission Valley

San Diego Coastal

Sorrento Mesa

Del Mar

The drive is only 25 minutes from Del Mar (with the other zones being closer) to San Diego downtown. If that's an option for you, The Del Mar Hilton for ex. is 3* and there are several nice suite hotels I could give you a Strategy to bid on at the 2.5* level.

Reply if you are interested.

I am really trying to stay around $100.

I actually do not mind splitting the bids between the middle of the 4 days so 2x2 is ok.

Most of our trip will probably be in downtown, the beaches, of course Sea World and the Zoo.

Will we be able to get away with not having a car for most of the trip? Maybe just a 1 or 2 day rental.

I am not opposed to going 3* if nothing can be had for the range above at a 4*. Where would I start with 3*s?

Thanks for the info regarding the VOIP expo. I had no idea.

San Diego is a car town. You'll need a car to get around.

Would you consider staying in Mission Valley? It's close to all the places you mention, and the 3*'s are plentiful and cheap. With the $100 or $200 you'd save over 4 nights, you'd be able to treat yourself to quite a night on the town to make up for it.

Also, San Diego coastal has a lot of 3*'s for less than $100, but some of them are closer to 2.5* quality.

Downtown San Diego is nice, but the only thing nearby is... downtown. You can see downtown in a day. The busses are poorly planned and expensive. ($2.25 per person each way.) You could pretty easily get to the zoo via bus, but the beach is a pain. Sea world would be a LONG bus ride or an expensive taxi ride from downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]