Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Downtown-Charlestown) Hyatt Financial District

magiroux
By magiroux,
in

Thanks for the input.

For some reason, I am much more intimidated by Priceline than Hotwire.

I was looking for something more near Fanuiel Hall/Boston Common area, but the available options were so much more expensive than the S Boston option. Do you think I would have better luck with Priceline getting something closer to my perferred location?

I am seeing a 4* in Quincy Mkt/ Financial Dist. w/ Fitness, Business, Restaurant for approx. $128. This may be the Hilton Financial, which is only a few blocks from Faneuil Hall. With a hotwire rate of $128, I'd guess that you could get this property (or another 4*) for roughly $90-$110 on Priceline.

*Note - Should you wish to try priceline, please ask for help prior to bidding. A good start is to read This Thread to learn how to find the rebid areas for the 4* level.

option 1 - Stay: 10/7 - 10/9

4* Downtown- Charlestown

1st bid - $145 - if rejected;

rebid - add S. Boston rebid $155 - if rejected

rebid - add Brighton-Brookline rebid $160

Close browser and restart.......

4* Copley

same strategy (re-bids) as above??????

really don't want to go above $160/nt, and since I am flexible will cut my stay to one night

Option 2 - stay: 10/8

4* Downtown- Charlestown

1st bid - $90

rebid- add S. Boston bid $95

rebid - add Brighton-Brookline bid $105

If all rejected, close browser and restart...

4* Copley

same strategy (re-bids) as above???

After reading the bidding strategies posted here this is my understanding how all this re-bidding works, but I could be totally of base. Any input would surly be appreciated.

TIA

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use priceline we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

I'm a bit confused... have you already tried the above bids, or are you asking if that is the best strategy for you to follow? (it can be improved upon)

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You actually have three re-bid zones (not two) when bidding 4* in Boston. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you can figure out your third re-bid zone (if not post for help) i would proceed as follows for your complete 2 nite stay:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtownand Copley and re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Copley and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Successful bid accepted using SavingsBarn.com

4* Boston (Downtown/Charlestown) Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District

Date of Stay - 10/7 - 10/9 - $150.00/night. With PL tax & fees total price $349.22

Followed the instructions for bidding in post above (Thank you). All were rejected up to the bid instructions for $150.00

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]