Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (World Trade Center) Westin Waterfront

ckidder331
By ckidder331,
in

Looking to stay in Boston (Either by airport or downtown) in 4 star hotel from 10/01 - 10/04.

I tried bidding via Priceline, 4 star hotels and went from $70 all the way to $88, adding various area as I went along but no luck.

Any advice on how much I should expect to bid. Really would be happy with the Hyatt or Hilton by the airport for $90 and under as I've seen some good bids for that much.

Should I just try each day as maybe get lucky with the prices coming down as the date gets closer?

thanks!

At worst, I could go for a 3 star - if y'all have suggestions on which ones would be good and how much I should bid for the same dates.

"Downtown Boston" means different things to different people... exactly which zone(s) (by priceline name) are you willing to bid?

Is $90 your maximum bid for a 4* hotel? What is your maximum bid for a 3*?

You're only 10 day sfrom check-in so i don't think waiting it out in hopes of lower prices is a good idea, unless you have a back-up reservation which you're very comfortable with taking. You can read more about "when to bid" by reading the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking at these areas for 10/01-10/04:

- Copley

- Downtown Boston - Charlestown

- Revere - Logan Airport

and potentially...

- South Boston

- World Trade Center

For a 3 star max like $75 and for a 4 star max like $95 or $100 if y'all think my chance would be better.

Ideally i'd like to stay by the airport because I have an early morning flight on 10/04 that i'd like to just hop on an airport shuttle provided by the hotel.

It's not clear what your priorities are...

Should we include South Boston and WTC in any bidding strategies or not?

Do you want to go up to your maximum for a 4* before trying for a 3*?

Did you want to try for a 4* in the Airport zone before trying anything else? If so, did you want to try for a 4* in the Airport zone, then a 3* in the airport zone, before trying for anything else?

You'll need to prioritize what you wan' and let us know what's important to you for us to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel direct rates for a 4* in the Airport zone are nearly $300/nite, almost unheard if in this area, which explains your lack of success and i would be surprised if you were successful in this area (unless rates change). This is how i would proceed:

The highest rated hotel in the South Boston zone is a 2.5*, so that shouldn't come into play in your bidding so i'm excluding it from the list of possible zones above. When bidding 3* or 4* in Boston you have three re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Airport...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add Airport...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* WTC...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley...

(this has virtually no chance, but added to keep things systematic, and you have nothing to lose by trying if you have the time to place the bid)

Select 4* Downtown and WTC...

Bid $70, if rejected add Airport...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $70, if rejected add Airport...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and WTC and Copley...

Bid $80, if rejected add Airport...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

If the above fails post back and we'll advise further on a 3* strategy if that is the route you'd like to take.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]