Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Las Vegas (Convention Center) Residence Inn Hughes Center

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Anyone headed to Vegas next weekend -- this might be a great option. I assumed I'd get the Amerisuites ($129 lowest published rate, all the Marriotts and St Tropez were higher). I nailed the Residence Inn Highes Center for $59/night for next Friday and Saturday (9/22-24).

Details:::

**Originally bid $56 2.5* Con Ctr UNLV, counteroffered $73

**Tried Hotwire just to see if any hints as to the property (didnt try PL vacations but suppose I couldve), nothing even close. Also researched published rates, all 2.5-3-star Marriot properties were $179+, Amerisuites $129, Alexis et al as well.

**New bid $57 for 3* ConvCtr/UNLV just to test if I'd get the same counteroffer amount (i.e. PL upgrades you to a higher star-ed hotel if the bid fits)..got a $106/night counteroffer so knew that the original c-offer was indeed for a 2.5 star (and likely to be twd Flamingo, Harmon areas along Paradise Road). Means that 2.5 star bid eliminates Alexis, farther away Hilton and Marriott Suites (important as no car and monorail is pricey...knew that Res Inn Conv Ctr is a slight hike at Sands Ave, one risk but saw the $179/night rate).

**Rebid $59 for 2.5 star (next day after 24 hr window but I suppose I couldve had a friend do it too), contemplated $57=58 and 1-dollar increments but didnt because timeframe close, hotel inventory can rapidly change (esp in Vegas) and lack of 2.5-star rebid zones....Accepted at $59, voila

Originally bid $56 as a shot in the dark (I had a motel near Trop/LV Blvd for $102 total as a backup and a dt budget hotel as a double backup). Been bidding alot iwthout counteroffers (concentrated mostly at Fremont targeting Vegas Club, 4Queens, with an occasional Conv Ctr bid, even 1-2 for Strip). Cheapest one was around $110 or so and based on my experience, counter bid of $75+ would be required. I'm goin on this trip solo so trying to keep costs down. For me, this unexpected hotel is perfect -- as right at Flamingo, walkable to Hard Rock, Flamingo public bus line (Rio, Palms, Strip) and even a FedexKinkos nextdoor with the unVegas cheap online access. Certainly beats the Americas Best Value Inn that was $30 less total. Ironically I'd tried to book this property outright before on the Entertainmt 50%-off rate -- and always gotten $130+ rates (didnt even try this time).

Anyhow, in case this specific info is helpful to anyone else looking for next weekend...or just in terms of the strategy aspect. And yes, I went through the SB links to place my bids.

Ooops sorry I forgot to put the $59 in header lines

• 2 weeks later...

Just a footnote on how good the bid really was -- I've determined that Priceline's actual cost was exactly $59 a night and all it made was the extra tacked-on fees. So unless anything changes, $59 is probably the lowest rate for thsi property via a bid...of course there are other 2.5 stars in this zone so there may be others available at a lower price depending on the day(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]