Priceline Hotel: PACKAGE: 3* NYC (MTE) Millennium UN

elvis
By elvis,
in

Like other members, I'm having no luck getting a 4* room in MT for the prices people were getting this Summer($100-130). I've stayed in the past at the Grand Hyatt, and I've noticed they've been a taker on some priceline bids. I wouldn't think this would be a busy time. Does anyone know if there's something going on on these dates?

Rates in NYC historically go up after the summer (which is typically low-season), and the increases are more than we've seen in previous years since the hotel market has been firming up so much more lately.

I'm doubtful $130 will be enough for these dates... do you have a back-up reservation? If so, where and how much? If not, i'd suggest looking at hotel direct rates. You mention the Hyatt where rates are well over $400/nite for the above dates... not a price when we see $130 bids accepted.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Don't forget to just type in what you want in pricelines regular vacation deals(last minute). I've been trying for two weeks to get rooms in MTE, MTW, and central Manhattan with the new techniques I've learned on this site(thanks Thereuare!) I've also been trying for plane tickets on priceline from my small town of Tupelo, MS(birthplace of ELVIS :) ). Yesterday morning I tried pricelines regular vacation packages, and got a great deal! Airfare + 3 nights at 3* Millinium Plaza Hotel for 613 per person. Later yesterday, it was down to 594 pp. Today, same package is 657. It changes constantly!, so keep checking. The great thing about these packages is that I got to pick my flight times. Oh, the dates are 9/14 - 9/17

You will have to bid at least $275/night to get the Grand Hyatt (see my Priceline topic)

Widespread Panic is at Radio City all weekend - plus it's the fall and rates go way up then.

Hyatt's website's rates are:

9/14 $609

9/15 $399

9/16 $399

so, 275 is a DEAL!

Agreed, $275 would be a "deal" for the night of the 9/14 when the rack rate is $609. But not near the deal for the nights of 9/15 and 9/16, which I won the Grand Hyatt yesterday for $163 (see my post in this forum) for these dates. Bidding $275 for all 3 nights would cause an overbid for the nights of 9/15 & 9/16. This just drives home the fact that Priceline's rates are date specific and will vary as widely as the hotel's own rack rates do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]