Priceline Hotel: 3* LA-San Fernando Valley (Burbank-Universal City-Glendale) Hilton

DCjoe
By DCjoe,
in

Needed a place to stay in between downtown, Pasadena and Encino. Glendale seemed the best compromise. Tried initial bid for $70, offered rebid if increased by $22, knew this meant I was close, and added Studio City as a free rebid zone, and the bid was accepted at $75. Total price of $178 for two nights.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Your topic title got cut-off but it appears you were typing "Hilton".... as there are two Hilton properties in this zone, can you tell us which one you won? (Airport and Convention Center or Glendale Executive Meeting Center)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No street parking adjacent to the hotel as I recall. There is a huge lot immediately to the west for the two restarants located there. Probably the closest available street parking might be 2-3 blocks north.

Please post how it goes. I'm booked there again for 9/29 and 9/30 at the same rate you paid.

BTW, the coffee shop immediately west (Conrads) has great breakfasts and salads and sandwiches and is reasonably priced. Also, about a mile away to the east on Los Felix (near Brand) is Mimi's Cafe. It's an upscale family chain with incredible eats and it won't break the bank. :) Yup, I love the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back, the hotel was very nice, clean, quiet. One note- there is ample street parking just a block west of the hotel (just west of Central Ave), on the side streets one block north and one block south of Glenoaks. This is a perfectly safe area, so if you don't want to pay $14 a day to park, I highly recommend walking the 2 minutes to park on the street. Like anywhere, don't leave valuables in your car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]