Priceline Hotel: 4* Waikiki South could not win bid 10/4-10/8

tigerpup
By tigerpup,
in

I'm going to Honolulu for a surprise birthday gift for my girlfriend. I tried the strategy outlined in the previous thread (going through savingsbarn.com) but i couldn't get any of my bids to work. Here's my strategy:

1. WS $110 (yea i know, it's kinda low)

2. WS A $115

3. WS EC $120

17. WS A D EC I $180

Next day

1. WS $150

4. WS EC A $180

5. WS D $185

I decided to stop because I have back up reservations at Waikiki Beach Marriott for $195 with a AAA discount. Why do you think I couldnt get a priceline winning bid? Did they run out of rooms?

Do you think if i wait a few days priceline will have any availability at a lower price? Or will the minimum winning bid always be higher as the days get closer to the target date? Do they vary their winning bids? Was there any point in my starting my bid lower than my highest bid the day before?

Is there any chance of getting a better deal? I could look at Waikili North, but i think i'd rather stick with the Marriott.

Thanks!

There is only one reported hotel in this zone, so if that hotel hasn't offered rooms to the opaque providers, then you don't have a chance. Also (somewhat contradictory to my above statements :) ) be 'warned' of the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, there can be other hotels at the 4* level in this zone but not yet reported.

If you did decide to bid the North i'm confident (at this time) you could have success within the amounts you have already bid.

Rates are a little high for these dates, but not terrribly so, and many wins at the Marriott are won inside of 2 weeks... as long as your existing reservation is cancellable i would continue to try to do better with the opaque providers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Tigerpup, if you're still looking, Prince is available on Hotwire for 169. It is 189 on Expedia, so a bid of 140 should win there, but you risk an upgrade to Outrigger Reef.

Marriott is 229, (221 Hotwire), so there is availability--160 might win there--should not have to go over 180.

Good luck with the bidding--I was looking for something next month and thought I would add this info here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]