Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Towson) Marriott Burkshire Conference Center

louisd
By louisd,
in

This is a frustrating one. I actually was trying to get a 2.5* in the Owings Mills Zone.

$70 Rejected -- Added Zone with no 2.5*

$85 Rejected -- Added another zone with no 2.5*

$95 Rejected -- Added another zone with no 2.5*

$109 Accepted -- On this bid I added Towson which has no 2.5* and I got the congratulations you've gotten a 3* for your 2.5* price. :)

Perhaps you were getting desperate since this was a same day bid, but when using re-bids, you should only use zones that only contains star ratings lower than you are bidding (ie- it's not enough that it doesn't contain the star rating you are bidding, it must contain no star ratings higher than you are bidding, since as you can see priceline can sometimes upgrade you to a hotel in that zone).

At least you were upgraded and this is still some savings over the hotel's direct rate. Although not the area you wanted, hopefully you can still make it work for your needs.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I was a little desperate as the hotels in the area I wanted to stay were all $150+ direct and I was trying to save some money. In any case, at 2.5* it can be hard to find areas that only have lower number of stars. Anyway, thanks for the advice as always.

--Louis

i bid in towson a lot, and they do have a 2.5* (at least they did in the past) It's the Holiday Inn Cromwell Bridge Road. Kind of a rundown but safe and roomy hotel on the outskirts of Towson. You're lucky you didn't end up spending $109 on that, as I can usually get it in the $40 and $50 range. At least with the marriott Burkshire you'll have a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and and apartment size laundry facilities in the room. So that's at least a small positive.

Too short to be a real review.. BUT.. The Marriott Burshire Conference Center in Towson is under heavy renovations. It appears that the guest rooms on floors 1-3 have been redone as of Sept 8. They are supposed to be done in November. In any case, I stayed there last night and even though the hotel was empty (the front desk said they had only 18(!) rooms rented) they stuck me on an unrenovated floor. I asked about this and was told that it was policy that Priceline reservations get placed there.

The rooms are HUGE, basically a large 1 BR apartment. But the unrenovated floors are clean but old and worn. My room had a cracked mirror and counter top, rips in the carpet and stains in the bathroom sink. The bed was VERY comfortable.

As far as a 2.5* in Towson, when I checked yesterday and selected Towson 2.5* was not one of the qualities I could select.

--Louis

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]