Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire Double Your Difference re Vegas and Hotel Promo Rates

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Question I had about Hotwire's Double The Difference Guarantee for anothe trip. Does anyone have any idea if Hotwire considers Harrah's "hot Rates" -- publicly and readily available to everyone -- to be a valid published lower rate for the DTD program? I'm very tempted to book something, knowing the rate will drastically be reduced, if accepted. But I'm a bit nervous about if the hot Rates are inavlid for DTD purposes and/or if the hot Rates would change from the time I submit my claim to when it's actually reviewed.

For example, Hotwire shows $80 rate for hotel that's readily identifiable (100% sure). Hotel standard rate is $85, and hot Rate (linkable and available to anyone who clicks on the hotel's homepage and even its reservation page) is $55. I.E. Will Hotwire consider the $55 rate as valid for DTD program? Or based on everyone's experience in general, is Hotwire somewhat nitpicky and difficult to deal with on stuff like this. If I go this way, it's a $100 mistake ($90 net based on my alternate hotel) so I want to have some confidence before I proceed.

Any insight on this? Much appreciated as, if I goof, that's a $100 mistake. If I go ahead and book, I'll use the link from here.

Thank You

It's a moot point now, I couldnt get any confirmation from Hotwire even though I was pretty sure of the program rules. Bottom line is it would've aved me $20 but if rejected, wouldve cost me $100. Then teh rates went back up. Apoligize for not responding sooner, I didnt want to post a specific rate and posted lower rate and specific hotel name...as I know a lot of hotel chains and hotels which participate on Priceline/Hotwire and Priceline/Hotwire do themsleves monitor boards like this (I wasnt about to give them a heads up and have the rate disappear if I went through with it). Thanks anyhow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]