Hotwire Hotel: 2* Near Strip West -- need ideas/direction

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Howdy, I'm doing a budget kind of trip to Vegas Sept 22-25. Challenge is finding a hotel for Fri 22nd or Fri-Sat 22nd-23rd. Looking at Hotwire, a $40/night rate is coming up for a 2* near Strip. I have to stay within about $100 total for the two nights, $60 for 1 night. I've tried every travel site imaginable, including EasyClickTravel. My dilemma is, without a car, I'm OK being offStrip as long as close to a main street where the local CAT runs or better yet to Orleans/GoldCoast/Rio free shuttles. But I-15/Sahara or the Dean Martin Drive hotels cluster won't work.

My dilemma is this: the 2-star that's coming up has these amenities -- Fitness Center, Pool, Landry Facilities. I clicked throught to the purchase page to see if any other features would show. The reason being that a similar 2-star rate was for the condo property that is the Extended StayAmerica on Valley View (perfect as 1/5th mile from Rio/GoldCoast).

From looking at the Hotwire list for Near Strip West, all that I can see is the ESA property and I doubt that the current $40 hotel isn't that. Any ideas what it might or most likely would be? Of course if I book anything it will be via SB or the links here.

Thank you...

This hotel has not yet been identified and not really much to go on with this one, but i would be concerned about what it could be. At best you could get a La Quinta type of property... at worst a Travelodge or something similar.

Have you considered Downtown where the hotels are generally less expensive, and the area is smaller so you'd be much more likely to receive a hotel near the CAT line to get to the strip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response. That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure I was being thorough. I can get something downtown but at a higher price ($66 hotwire, so probably $55 PL). Only direct booking with budget hotel is the Gold Spike -- about $40-45 a night wiothout additional booking fees) -- and the reviews there seem to indicate that it is quite unsafe/unsavory (I'm pretty openminded about stuff, very street smart and not easily scared but the reviews everywhere seem to indicate the Spike isnt a good idea).

For now, I'll hold off, unless the 2-star condo comes back up. Also possibly an On Request EasyClickTravel property but my understanding is On Request means "not available."

Thanks again

"Off the Record" from EasyClickTravel means that they have sold-out of their pre-contracted rate but will try to get additional rooms. Some hotels readily give them additional rooms, some never/rarely give additional rooms, others base the decision upon their own occupancy levels for the dates in question.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Kinda related -- and I apologize if I'm slightly offsubject -- is a question I had about Hotwire's Double The Difference Guarantee for anothe trip. Does anyone have any idea if Hotwire considers Harrah's "hot Rates" -- publicly and readily available to everyone -- to be a valid published lower rate for the DTD program? I'm very tempted to book something, knowing the rate will drastically be reduced, if accepted. But I'm a bit nervous about if the hot Rates are inavlid for DTD purposes and/or if the hot Rates would change from the time I submit my claim to when it's actually reviewed. Any insight on this? Much appreciated as, if I goof, that's a $100 mistake. If I go ahead and book, I'll use the link from here.

Thank You

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]