Priceline Hotel: 2* La Porte Best Value Inn

AmericaWestCMH
By AmericaWestCMH,
in

Had bid $40 and $45 last night for 2* in LaPorte, Indiana and denied. Started at $48 tonight and won on first try, probably would have hit lower. Lowest website rate is $55 for no guaranteed room type and no included breakfast, so not much of a savings here.

Best Value Inn La Porte

444 Pine Lake Avenue

Laporte, Indiana 46350

Your Offer Price: $48.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $48.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.00

Total Charges*: $61.00

This was for my parents, and they said this ex-Ramada needs a major overhaul. The only attraction for this property is the large pool/gaming area, and they confirmed the place was mostly families with children. My parents were given a smoking King room (prefer non-smoking) and the front-desk said "you're a Priceline customer and didn't request non-smoking, and we're full." My parents tell me the parking lot was very empty, and I know there was availability for a variety of room types on the hotel's website.

I'm confused as to why hotels participate in the Priceline program and then treat guests poorly because of it. I know room type is not guaranteed when using PL, but shouldn't requests be accomodated if the availability is there?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]