Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help- Big Island, 10/12

nixun
By nixun,
in

I'd like a room in Waikoloa, but not sure what I can get for around $100.

I'm confused by the Kamuela zone- it shows 1*, 2*, 2.5* and Resorts. Any idea what the lower star hotels are? Maybe condos? What about the Mariott? I thought it was a 4*- Is it gone or now a different star level?

I bid earlier today on Priceline:

$80, Kamuela zone, Resorts- Rejected

Added Hilo zone and bid $90 - Rejected

What to do now?

Hi, Nixun. I'm new to this board, so posting for the first time. Can't help with lower star ratings, but I am familiar with some resorts and previous 4*. Your travel dates make a difference with price--high season will be a lot more expensive than offseason. So far I haven't seen Marriott reported as resort but expect it will be upgraded if available to PL. Your bids seem too low for resort in any season, sorry to say. Recent win reported at Kona was 140--might go for less offseason. If you specify travel dates I'm sure someone can help. Good luck with your plans.

Sorry- I put the date in the title only. This is for 10/12/06.

Seemed from the PL maps that the Mariott for around $95 had been done before. I don't mind a lower rated property, if I can get one for around $100. (But not as low as 1* )

If not, I'm ok with trying the Kona area.

No need to be sorry! Is it just one night? And it seems that the 100 price is the main issue?

If you have a car--you can go to any of the great beaches--Hapuna is wonderful. I saw some great rates for Outrigger Keauhou searching around. Tripadvisor will help you with making a choice if you haven't checked it out, please do--it will help with PL bidding if you decide to go that route. If you can stretch your budget the Sheraton Keauhou which is Kona resort might be a good option. Doesn't help that Kohala Coast has a well-deserved reputation as the 'Platinum Coast'. Hope someone experienced with other star ratings will help out! Travelocity"]Travelocity is a good place to compare various properties. Hotwire will show what's available as an opaque purchase (similar to PL in that you find out the name after you purchase/bid). Most often PL will be lower than Hotwire, but sometimes it's best to buy on Hotwire if you see a great deal--offers can vanish and then you're too late!