Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Courtyard

kennancat
By kennancat,
in

I'm trying to complete my San Francisco stay. We need a hotel for three nights, checking in on the 11th and checking out on the 14th. While there, I will need high-speed internet access. I've tried bidding on a 2.5 in the San Francisco South area and got rejected at $56.

I've thought about trying for a 2.5* or 3* in the SFO area, but I'm concerned about parking and internet access. It seems like you can get a hotel with free parking, internet, and breakfast or you can end up paying more and then having to add on these things. I've been going through old posts, the maps and other online reviews, but I can't seem to think of a good strategy. Any suggestions?

ETA: I could probably get away with having internet only one day of the stay.

Although hi-speed internet access is more prevalent and common than just a few years ago, you can't guarantee that with priceline. Have you checked HOTWIRE for your dates to see if anything with a hi-speed icon appears for your dates (and then you may also be able to identify the hotel beforehand to figure out parking charges).

Can you accept the risk of receiving a hotel thru priceline that doesn't offer internet access? (could you go to a library, coffee house, etc and do what you need if you received a non-hi-speed internet hotel?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did check Hotwire and didn't have a lot of luck. I felt like I could find similar pricing through Expedia or Travelocity"]Travelocity and have more control over what I end up with.

Worse comes to worse, I could wait until we get to the Hilton and use the high-speed connection there. I think it's the parking situation that concerns me more - I'd hate to bid $45 for a 3* in the SFO area and then end up paying $20 a night for parking when I could have gotten a 2.5* for $60 and had free parking. I think it's the lack of consistency for what's included/not included that's really bothering me right now.

Okay, I got one.

2.5* Courtyard By Marriott San Francisco Airport for $58 for a total of $207.76. They've got free parking and internet access is available (although I can't tell if there's a charge or not), so I should be good. Cheapest nightly rate on their website is $179.

I originally bid $55 on the SFO region for 2.5*. Then I got back another one of those Priceline "Raise your bid and we'll let you bid again right now" responses. They wanted me to raise it $15. I raised $3 to $58 and added the San Francisco South zone and got accepted. Makes me think I could have come in lower for my Fisherman's Wharf bid, but it was getting to the point where it wasn't worth my time to keep trying just to save an extra $10. I'm just glad I'm finally done bidding and can now plan out the fun parts of the trip! :)

ETA: Just read their web site a little more carefully and the internet access is free. Woo-hoo!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]