Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hilton Resort LBV

trentslori
By trentslori,
in

I began my search for a hotel by going to www.savingsbarn.com. I clicked on the HOTWIRE link first, looking for 4-star opportunities. The only ones that came up were for a 4-star resort in Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney for $152. Or a 4-star in Disney/Main Gate for $164. I wasn't remotely interested in paying those kind of rates, so I clicked on the PRICELINE link off savingsbarn.com to start bidding. I started with a $55 bid for 4-star downtown Orlando. Added Universal area, still 4-star for $57. Rejected again. Added airport and increased bid to $59. Still a no. Added Kissimmee and increased to $62. Was accepted for:

Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort

1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard

Lake Buena Vista

4-star resort $62.00 for two nights Sept. 12-Sept.14....taxes & fees $24.02...two nights for $148.02.

Checking the hotel's own website, the lowest rate was $109, so I'm very pleased. Reviews of the hotel on TravelAdvisor are mixed, but seem to be from folks booking directly, not discounted travellers.

Thank you BetterBidding.com and SavingsBarn.com for AGAIN saving me money! :)

Nicely done... congratulations on your win.

Thanks for sharing your win and for starting your bidding with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

You've listed this hotel as a 4* but it has previously been reproted as a Resort class hotel... can you confirm the star rating for us.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There may be other good priceline deals in the Disney area the next couple of months. Disney itself offered free "disney dining" (thru october I believe -- the deal's over, so you can't book it now), which has apparently resulted in strong on-site bookings during this period. So folks who might otherwise have stayed off-site are now on-site. Which should mean plenty of off-site rooms to unload on priceline.

It's also, of course, off-season at Disney now for a couple months.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]