Priceline Hotel: Help Marco Island

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Im going to FL on March 2- March 10th. Ive booked a reservation at the Hilton Marco Island for March7th and 9th. I got that for 152. I've heard that priceline doesnt have much inventory for Marco Island. I was trying for Key West but the more I thought about it, the more I decided Id rather go to marco. My husband has never seen either and I think the beaches are nice in Marco and I dont want to deal with the mass of tourists in KW.

Next, Im trying to bid for one night for the airport since my plane arrives at 11pm. Id like to switch hotels the next day, and Im willing to stay at Fl beach or Plantation or Hollywood beach. Plantation as the 4* renissance that went for 40 last year same time. Do you think its too early to bid for any of these cities. Id like to not spend more than 50 in any zone.

Thanks

Randi :)

Happy Travelling, Randi

Let's keep this thread current for your nite of arrival and start a new thread for your other nites. This way we can easily change the titles of the threads as they result in wins.

I don't think it's too early to bid as long as your plans are firm.

I'll be happy to supply a bidding strategy, but is this stay for the nite fo March 2nd and which airport are you flying in to?

Did you not like the idea of the Crowne Plaza Sawgrass in Plantation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your help. Here is what I want( ideally). The first night Im flying into Ft. Laud airport. We get in at 11pm, so I dont really care what level the hotel is, since we're just sleeping there. I do NEED an airport shuttle though because I want to pick up my rental car the next morning so I dont have to pay an extra night.

Then, I want to switch hotels preferably staying either in Plantation( No, I didnt like the crowne plaza sawgrass, it is WAY out of the way, its more in SUNRISE than plantation). Or......

Id like Ft. Laud Beach or Hollywood Beach or, Id even stay at the airport again, but in a 3 star. Last year we went and I tried for weeks and weeks and weeks to get something. I had a backup at Holiday Inn, Hollywood Beach and got that for 90 a night. The hotel next door was going thru major construction and they gave us a room overlooking that. The room was tiny and noisy. I ended up getting 10% back on my stay, so it was cheap but not that enjoyable. However, it was right on the beach which was nice. This was the 3rd week in February.

Then, we leave for Marco on March 7-9th. I dont think I will get anything in Marco for less than 152, and I can collect my Hilton Points, so unless it was 100 or less, I wouldnt try.

Lastly, I need one more night in Ft. Laud, or Plantation or Wherever. March 9th, I leave on the 10th. I might take the crowne plaza if I cant get anything else. It came to 60 with the fees and taxes.

Thanks

Randi

ps: Im getting so frustrated. Im bidding every 3 days and I get immediate rejections. In fact, the screen doesnt even change, its up to me to check my mail. The screen says " just give us a few moments". I wonder if they "know" me and just reject me no matter what.

Happy Travelling, Randi

I understand you are looking for the following:

3/2-3/3 Fort Lauderdale Airport area

3/3-3/7 Fort Lauderdale Beach/Hollywood Beach/Airport area

3/7-3/9 Marco Island (already have hotel)

3/9-3/10 Somewhere close to Airport but open to zone

Again, let's address the 3/2-3/3 Airport zone in this thread and please post additional threads for the other dates, this will make it easier for everyone to follow and keep the advice for each zone straight.

However, the following advice applies to all of your bids: We have not seen a lot of discounted Ft. Lauderdale inventory released yet for 2004. As well, although more inventory may be released close to or after the 1st of the year, i think you're bidding too low. The beginning of March is still peak time for this area, and i think it will take bids north of $50 to be successful at this point in time. I will gladly supply a strategy if/when you are willing to increase your bidding amount, but it sounds as if you are not willing to do so at this point, so i would suggest just continuing your current bids and hope for the best.

Now back to the bid for 3/2-3/3 Airport zone which we're assigning to this thread.... you state that the hotel MUST have a shuttle, but you can not guarantee that with Priceline. Odds favor that a hotel in the airport zone will have a shuttle, but there is no assurance that will be the case, and you must be willing to accept that risk.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/when you're successful or willing to increase your bid amount.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have two RE-Bid Zones available when bidding 3*, but none when bidding 2*, so this is what i would try:

Select 3* FLL Airport zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $60.

If the above is rejected, i'd try....

2* FLL Airport zone and bid $40

this bid may be low but you still have some time ahead of you :)

(NOTE: make sure you start a new screen and your re-bid zones above are no longer checked!!)

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding any of the above or if you'd like to confirm which zones are your re-bid zones.

As always, it's appreciated if you start your bid at SavingsBarn.com

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

...if you'd like to confirm which zones are your re-bid zones.

Please use the above link to read how to figure out your re-bid zones and try to determine on your own and we'll confirm them rather than just have us tell them to you.

It's important to know how to do this on your own since it needs to be checked before each bidding cycle. Since hotels can be added at anytime, we could tell you the re-bid zones at this moment and by the time you bid this later tonite one of those zones may no longer qualify as a re-bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]