NE Omaha Holiday Inn Central

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

This hotel should be avoided, and is pitifully rated at *3 in the Central/NW omaha zone.

Booked at the last minute on 8-8 for an 8-9 stay. $60.

Many problems with this property. Very old and desperate for a renovation. I have stayed in *1 that were better. Put in the back corner of the property near the outside mechanical area. Exterior door trim rusted nearly through, weeds growing in the concrete, spray paint on the concrete (from maintence spray painting something) Litter and cigarette butts everywhere.

Interior hallways dark and corners filled with cobwebs. Corner plaster off exposing the metal corner guards. Stained hallway carpet.

Room was very small. No closet, but a wardrobe with a door we couldn't open because it hit the nightstand. Desk with a chair that wouldn't fit under it or roll out because it hit the bed. Furniture was particle board "put it together yourself" type. Security latch falling out of doorframe. The only power available was a powerstrip laying on the floor beside the bed. Lamps were old with the finish worn off.

Bathroom- cigarette burn in the cheap countertop. Bathtub plug hardware missing (no bath) Rusted sink hardware.

I called priceline immediately and explained nicely the problems with the 8* rating. I was transferred and the other person called the hotel manager while I waited. He said he would not refund but offered a free breakfast (no thanks)

Then I received a bill under the door the next AM. Hmmmm, rate was $54 plus tax and it wasn't my credit card number. Pricelines perhaps?

I emailed priceline again when we got home and begged them to take this hotel off the *3 list. I explained that it wipes out the whole Central/NW omaha bidding. I told them to look at the reviews on tripadvisor.com as confirmation of my complaints. I explained I took photos if they would like to see them.

I got an email the next day from someone else at priceline who called the manager again and agreed to refund our money. I still really just wanted them to remove them, as I'd like to be able to bid on this zone. I was told I could call and see if they do remove it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]