Priceline Hotel: FLL Hilton @ Airport now Wyndham

Nanatravel
By Nanatravel,
in

If you have a Priceline reservation for the Hilton at the airport in FLL/Dania, Please note - the Hilton became a Wyndham on 12/1. Please take a moment and call the hotel directly @ 954 920 2200. Ask for the local reservations or sales department to confirm your reservation. I had to make 3 calls, but finally found a willing reservationist to check & confirm my Priceline reservation. First, they don't use the PL resevations numbers - get a new Confirmation number. Second, my reservations (2 rooms) were incorrectly put in on the wrong date. I would have never known and there would not have been 2 rooms waiting for 7 people. I also requested the bedding set up we needed and gave them our By Request Numbers. They took these with no comment and they did know it was a Priceline reservation.

Thereuare, thanks for your bidding input. I am not sure I understand the theory, but am happy with our winning bid just the same. Our flight does not get in until 4 p.m., so this Airport hotel will be just fine for the night. The reservationist even gave me a recommendation for dinner and a Van Limo service which will accommodate our family instead of getting 2 taxi's to the pier.

Bon Voyage

Thanks for supplying all the info (and the reminder) eveyone needs to check their reservations.

I'd be happy to explain the bidding strategy to you in more detail, but as my mom always told me that nobody like a know-it-all i will elect to keep my mouth shut unless asked :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Good luck to anyone that made a reservation when this was a Hilton property. I would

not have known of the business change without this boards help.

I recontacted the hotel and they did not have my reservation. This was after confirming

the reservation with Hilton three months ago. I then recontacted Price-Line and they

insisted that the reservation numbers I was given were correct. After aproximately nine

phone calls to the Wyndham Hotel, I spoke with Jay Rand. He is the customer service

individual. He finally confirmed my reservation and faxed the information to me. I

have called the hotel back to advise of the number of beds I needed, they continually

connect me to their reservation service who can't help me. I hope no on else has had

the same frustrations I have expierence with this reservation. This was my first

reservation with Price-Line and probably my last.

P.S. the correct phone number for the Hotel is (954) 920-3300.

Nanatravel, do you happen to have more info on the limo service to the pier? Prices and phone #.

We have 5 people going from the Wyndham, and the hotel says its $8 p.p. for the hotel shuttle to the pier, but I would rather go by limo or private van.

Also did they give you any static about having 7 people in 2 rooms or telling you they won't guarantee the bedding request?

Thanks, Denise

P.S. Smileyreka, please don't give up on Priceline. I have had nothing but great service from my hotels that I have won and highly recommend Priceline. This hotel is probably an exception due to the changeover (I hope).

My winning bid was $76 plus fees for each of the three rooms. I'm sorry if I sounded

so negative earlier. I just wanted to alert people to the need of confirming their reservations prior to their arrival especially with the complication of the Hotel changing ownership.

In the future I will probably try Price-Line again. I may have bid to high when I placed

the bid in October. I just wanted to cross one more thing off of my "to do" list.

I am also glad that others have not had this problem.

Thanks for all of the helpful advice and suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]