Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) La Quinta

fatboyonadiet
By fatboyonadiet,
in

Been posting on another site and someone suggested posting on here for a strategy and advice, they said thereuare might be able to help. Basically looking for 2.5* and above in the Redondo beach or Santa Monica areas for 7 days in early Sept.

I've been told it might be a little too early yet and to maybe keep trying but get more serious 3/4 weeks before? Also maybe to split the stay over 2 bids? Been bidding between

Thanks, no real purpose other then it's a holiday! Will have a car so don't really mind where I stay as I'll be driving to get about anyway.

Thanks for the other threads I was building my self up for the fact that if I split my bids i will be in different hotels but again not a problem as I have a car. Since I'm checking in on a Sunday and checking out the following Sunday is there a good way to split it? i.e. Sunday to Wed and Wed to Sunday?

Thanks again.

Santa Monica 3*'s typically go $100 and up, though can be had for $90. I suspect your problem here isn't that you need to split your bid, rather that you're just not bidding enough.

Redondo / Manhattan beach has several 2.5*'s that come up in the $50 vicinity. If you're bidding $60 here and not getting a hit, you should go to the hotel website of one of the more popular priceline 2.5* hotels and check night by night to see what their rate is. When you find a night or two that are far higher than the rest -- those are the nights you want to split your bid.

Other zones? LAX is a terrible location, but inexpensive for a nicer hotel. (But, it's near nothing but the airport.)

Downtown LA is also rock bottom prices for 4* hotels, but parking is $20+ per night, unless you give up the car. Downtown has a relatively good subway/train system to hollywood, but I don't think the service is so great to the beaches.

I'm happy to give more help if you have more questions.

Cheers for that, I'll have a look at the hotels individually later on tonight, I guess the best way is to look via priceline normally rather then NOYP.

I think I'll leave LAX until nearer the time if I'm still stuck, not bothered that there is nothing about as I'll be out all the time anyway.

I'm hoping for a 2.5*

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]