Priceline Hotel: chicago Ohare area hotel 2* or better 08/03/06

darkchylde
By darkchylde,
in

my wife and I have decided to go to chicago a day earlier than we had orginally planned. Hotwire has a 2* for $41 in the ohare area.. to save even more money trying priceline.. Its been tough to find since the rebiding isnt working.. I close the browser re open and it wont let me search again.. give me an error saying I need to wait 24hrs..

OK, a primer on re-bidding...

The idea of re-bidding, as described in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, is to add a zone that only contains star levels lower than the one you are bidding. As Skokie contains 2.5* and lower hotels, it should not be used as a re-bid zone (unless you are willing to stay in this area). There are no re-bid zones available when bidding 2* in Chicago.

If the above doesn't make sense to you please ask and we will explain it further.

Also, as you describe above, your third bid is identical to your first bid, no? Therefore priceline is correct that this is a 'duplicate bid' since it is identical to your first (what have you changed?) and you need to wait at least 24 hours before re-submittng the same bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...or choose another location

Right, but if you choose another location it should:

1) only contain star ratings that are lower than the star rating you're bidding or

2) an alternate zone that you're willing to stay in

For #1 above, there are no such zones when bidding 2* in Chicago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]