Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Hyatt Place Lombard

khabbi
By khabbi,
in

First time using PriceLine

Tried Oak Brook 3* at $ 39 - nothing

Tried Oak Brook 3, 2.5* at $ 42 - got Hyatt Place Lombard/Oakbrook

went to Hotel site later to look at retail ..~ 161

Very pleased with location, price, amenities and just 5 minutes of effort (after absorbing the great info on this board for several hours).

And I linked through savingsbarn.com

I wasn't interested in shaving costs to the bone, but would welcome any critiques/tips to be put to the test next time.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win... nice to see first time users get such a great deal!

I do think you got an excellent deal, but you could have bid it a bit more strategically (only because you asked :) ). If you were willing to bid more than the $39 you first bid, you could have used re-bid zones in order to stay at the 3* level while increasing your bid. You could have then continued to bid higher for a 3* hotel up to your maximum... then lowered your bid amount to begin 2.5* bidding (where you also had re-bid zones available).

For more info on the above i would give these threads a read whenever you have some spare time:

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

If You Lower Your Star Rating Then Lower Your Price

I don't believe it made too much of a difference in your bidding above because if $42 would have been successful for a 3* then Priceline would have upgraded you on that bid... but the above is useful info to have under your belt for future bidding. Of course you can always feel free ask for help and/or a bidding strategy before bidding too.

Thanks again for sharing your win with the board and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Have a great stay... and spend the money saved on something nice!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]