Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

I've been trying for this for the last few days with no success. This morning I saw that there was a win for $110 at the Hyatt for July 18th to 22nd so I went ahead and tried again.

I bid $105, 110, 120 and finally clicked at $130. I suspect the higher rate may be because it's Friday night only, who knows! Prior to today, I had been bidding only to $120 but our backup was $146Cdn so not too much difference and a much nicer place to stay.

As always, booked through SavingsBarn.

Wow!! Rates are very high for this date... i'm not surprised this was a tough win!

We're seeing more and more hotels average rates over the stay for opaque purchases (were a few years back this was never done), so i suspect the rates are cheaper for the 'other' nites which weren't part of your stay.

Glad to hear you finally had success and thank you for booking the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

When I checked the Hyatt website this morning it was, as you said, more expensive for the Friday night than earlier in the week - $50.00 more, in fact.

However, after your comment, for some reason I went back and now the Friday night has been reduced to the same price as the previous 3nights - AAA rate $278. (Still high though) or $200Cdn per night seniors rate for which we qualify (62plus at the Hyatt)

In any case, I'm just telling you this because I broke my own rule about being patient this morning and it probably cost me $20.00 or so. Not complaining because it's still an excellent rate .

Yes, the "prevailing rate" (whatever that means) is now $309 for each of the 4 nights including Friday.

When I checked early today, the rate for Friday was $349 and if I recall correctly the other 3 nights were $299.

Things can sure change quickly! Do you think there is any particular day of the week or month that rates are adjusted.? I can't see a pattern.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]