England York Marriott

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

I really liked this hotel. At under $100 on priceline, it was a tremendous value in a VERY expensive hotel city. I successfully phoned the hotel a few days in advance to request a two-bedded nonsmoking room. No problems at check-in, and the room I was assigned was extremely spacious by European standards.

The hotel has some character as it is an old manor house facing a famous old racecourse that has been expanded and modernized. Good recreation facilities at the free "leisure center" including an indoor pool. There's a putting green on the lawn. Ample free parking.

The only drawbacks are the high prices at the hotel which, at least for me, prevented me from using their bar or restaurant. The hotel might also be somewhat inconvenient without a car. With a car, access to the motorway was extremely easy, and you could drive a mile further to the city walls for a convenient "in town" parking lot for sightseeing. Without a car, I'd imagine you'd have to take a bus to the hotel, or a really long (30 minute?) walk. Still, given the expense you might otherwise incur at a hotel in York, even the carless might like this place on priceline rates!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]