Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Holiday Inn Sea N Beach

MisterHotDog
By MisterHotDog,
in

I've got three choices, for one night, 11/25/06:

(1) 2 1/2 star, beachfront, pool, fitness, restaurant, laundry, business ($85 per night)

- I think this is the Ramada Plaza, am I right??

(2) 3 star, near beach, pool, fitness, restaurant, laundry ($97 per night)

- I think this is the Yankee Trader, am I right??

(3) 3 star. near beach, pool, fitness, restaurant, laundry, kitchenette

- I am not sure what this one is....any ideas??

We are just there one night post-cruise, and the people in my group want to be right on the beach if possible, unless the hotel quality is really bad. Does anyone have any recommendations?? Any opinions on the Ramada Plaza???

Thanks in advance, Dave

Of the choices listed in your post I would suggest the Yankee Trader.

Make sure you do not get the Holiday Inn, it is not a desireable property. I stayed there last February because I wanted beach front before a cruise and I will now stick to the 17th Street area. I have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and the Reneissance and would recommend either. Others like the Embassy Suite.

Have a great cruise this fall!

I think your guesses are sound on the first two properties.

However, what zone is the third property in? Hotwire will only show one hotel per star rating (unless it's a Condo property) within a given zone on a search.

If you move forward with either of the first two please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you want them to all be together then definately purchase them with one purchase.

This hotel has not yet been identified, but i would put the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center as a possibility if i were to take a guess.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help with your HOTWIRE offer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think this hotel is the Doubletree Guest Suites Galleria. Hotwire said tjhe retail price was $249 per night and that is close to the rates on the hotel website. By contrast the Holiday Inn rooms were around $110 per night.

Do you think I am onto it?? Does anyone have an opinion on that hotel? I don't think I want it because it doesn't mention being near the beach, rather that it is on the intracoastal...

And the Tripadvisor reviews were just so-so...

I think I am going to try for the Yankee Trader, by placing three separate Hotwire purchases. Is this a bad idea? Will it result in considerably higher Hotwire fees versus getting rooms in one bid??

Is there a good chance that we will end up in different hotels? I don't want that to happen...

This is tough!!

In any event I will certainly use your link when I figure out what I am doing....

You can't trust the suggested rateil prices that hotwire mentions.

After you book the first room there is a chance that the same hotel doesn't show anymore at all.

If you do make three separate purchases, please be sure to access hotwire thru our link before each purchase. Thanks.

Which property, star rating and amenities, did you purchase? (you can still view the amenities by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page) Did you only purchase one room? What was the price?

Did you get the Holiday Inn Express?

The hotel is called the Holiday Inn Lauderdale by The Sea-N Bch.

It was a 3 star hotwire bid, and had the following amenities:

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

Also, it mentioned retail value of around $169, which is close to hotel web rates. Yesterday I had the same amenities but a retail value of $199. I feel that may have been the Yankee Trader. Isn't it possible that the retail values Hotwire provides may provide a clue as to the hotel??? Something to consider at least....

Thanks for all your help. I love your website, and I also love Hoboken Eddie's sauces...

Well, some of 'em :)

Dave

Thanks, this is actually a newly reported hotel... different than the Holiday Inn Express and the Holiday Inn Oceanfront which have been previously reported.

The 'retail prices' are extremely unreliable and a few users have been surprised at their outcome when using this as an indicator. Hotwire's stance is that the price shown is for that star quality and not that specific hotel.

Did you buy only one room? (since you say that you're going to keep checking HOTWIRE to see if it becomes available again). I think i may have just seen it on a similar search if you want to try again (although i only searched for one room, not two)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]