Orlando MCO Convertible Alamo

Ronio
By Ronio,
in

Any suggestions when I should be able to get the best deal on a Car Rental?

I'm heading to Disney (Orlando, MCO) in August. Wasn't sure how many weeks out I should start the bidding process.

Also, does Priceline have a convertable option? :)

TIA,

Ronio

As long as your plans are firm it's never too early to start bidding... but make sure you don't overbid!

For further discussion on 'when to bid' see the related discussion in our PRICELINE FAQ (written for hotels, but equally applies to car rentals)

Yes, Priceline does have a convertible option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went to Hotwire on 7/5 (Wed), mystery convertible was $29.

Went to Priceline on 7/5 and bid $22, gave me screen saying this was way too low and would most likely not be accepted, I selected continue and got rejected. Gave me a second chance window, I re-bid at $23 and this was also rejected.

Wait.....for Priceline bid timer to reset.

Went to Hotwire on 7/9 (Sunday), mystery convertible was $35. Decided prices must be higher on weekends, probably more people have time to make travel plans. Will wait till Monday, won't waste bids on Priceline today.

Went to Hotwire on 7/10 (Monday), mystery convertible was $31.

Went to Priceline on 7/10 and bid $23, gave me screen saying this was way too low and would most likely not be accepted, I selected continue and got ACCEPTED with Alamo!

$23 times 12 days + $94 in taxes = $370

P.S. - I linked through SavingsBarn.com

~Ronio

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]