Hotwire Hotel: Houston / Medical Cntr 3* (new) listing?

aikanae
By aikanae,
in

I just got a 3* listing from Hotwire for Houston / Medical Center of $64/night. Dates 3/13 - 3/18. They claim that's 50% off - Amneities: fitness cntr / resturant / laundry / pool / biz cnter

Any idea who that could be?

I also got prices for a 2.5* and a 2* in that area as well.

Hotwire shows only a 2* Homestead Suites in the area. I tried looking at the Homestead Suite home web page and they are not even showing a property listed in this area.

I also need to make reservations for up to 30 days (in addition) and it doesn't look like hotels are offering additional discounts for extended stays. I tried editing it down to 1 or 2 week stays at a time - and no additional discounts. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get the best rates for an extended stay?

From the Hotwire Hotel List (read beyond the first post) this is a match for the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Houston (Medical Center) so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your hotwire purchases.

If no extended stay discounts are offered directly thru the hotel websites i think that SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID into 'acceptable' timeframes may be your best option for getting the best value.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow. That was fast :)

I was also thinking it might be the Holiday Inn Select - Greenway, but I didn't know if there had been any changes with hotels Hotwire was using.

The lowest price was the 2* and I have no idea who that might be. I was thinking they might be my best bet for trying to get an extended - or weekly rate.

I'll have to get up to speed with my strategy bidding for Priceline (and the other forum?).

I looked at splitting bids and I can't do it for the first 2 weeks; I'm not expecting to be very mobile.

I am eligble for "medical rates"and discovering who has rooms for priceline or hotwire sometimes tells me who might still have medical rates available.

Then, sometimes no one has medical rates still available and this is, by far, my best pricing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]