Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Hyatt Regency

mcpheejo
By mcpheejo,
in

I read this site and think I understand what is being suggested, but when I bid on Priceline, it just tells me that they cannot get me a hotel for that price. I bid for three weekdays in late July, I asked for 4 stars in SFO (the airport) area, I bid various amounts (40, 47, 52, 55 ) I added South San Francisco, and Cathedral Hill (since a poster said there are no 4 star hotels in Cathedral Hill). Price Line does not accept my bid and does not counter offer. It just says no. I wait 24 hours and try again and it just says no again. I see all of these tantalizing reports of getting the Hyatt for $43, etc., but it's not happening for me. Any ideas?

I added South San Francisco, and Cathedral Hill (since a poster said there are no 4 star hotels in Cathedral Hill).
First, i strongly recommend you learn how to check your re-bid zones for yourself since they can and do change... and they should be checked before each bidding cycle; otherwise you can easily end up in an area you don't want to be. You can learn about re-bidding in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Rates are not high for your dates, so i would book a cancellable back up and continue to stick with priceline. If you want to increase you chances you may also want to consider raising your maximum bid to $60 if that is still within your budget and you'd prefer to 'get this done with' rather than continue to bid daily/frequently.

Let us know if we can help further and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My bids are also getting rejected daily (trying for next week). Went as high as $50 for 2* in South San Francisco; $45 in SFO. As thereuare said, published rates are low so this rejection is unexpected. I think some hotels have pulled out of Priceline. We don't see Larkspur Landing, Hilton Garden Inn or BW Grosvenor anymore.

My last rejected bid was $62, made yesterday (7/05). In a less important situation, I would have inched my way up day by day but I didn't want to worry about it. By the way, Hotwire offered a 4* in the same area for $91 so I still am saving about $60 and am very pleased with the high quality of the Hyatt Regency (the ones I've stayed in have always been quite nice.) And of course, on Expedia, they were offering the Hyatt for somewhere around $200.

Thanks again. I can only imagine how much work you have put into this great site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]