Priceline Hotel: Nugget Guaranteed?

bbthere
By bbthere,
in

Planning on staying downtown Las Vegas Oct 6, 7th.

On priceline Fremont area, when I input for a 4*, I get 3 hotels...

Nugget $130

westin $205

alladin $190

Am I almost guaranteed to get the Nugget, lowest priced hotel?

If reg. price is $130, should I max bid of 50% at $65, worse case?

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the non-opaque service to pre-determine opaque results.

With the above noted, the GN is the only 4* hotel to be reported in this area (the other hotels you mention above are not in the Downtown area, so not sure where/why you're seeing them if you only selected the Fremont St area) so your chances are pretty good, but new hotels are added all the time (and other hotels could be upgraded), so there are no guarantees.

Do you want to stay downtown, or is it more that your budget for this trip places you downtown?

If you only want to stay at the Nugget you can book it HERE for $122/nite. If you'd prefer to bid on this let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, Fremont St. Vicinity is a separate zone. You're probably not looking in the "name your own price" section of priceline. The priceline zones for vegas are as follows:

Boulder Strip

Convention Center

Fremont St. Vicinity

Henderson - Lake Las Vegas

Las Vegas Airport (LAS)

Las Vegas Strip Vicinity

Nellis - Las Vegas Speedway

Summerlin - NW Las Vegas

West of Strip Area Details

The Nugget appears to list at $124 for your dates on Hotwire. I would guess that you could hit a successful PL bid somewhere between $70-90 but don't quote me. There are 2 true rebid zones so you get 4 free rebids. I'm just a user of this board and certainly have no expertise, but if I were you I would start at $60 and go with $10 increments up to $90.

By the way, PL is not always the best for booking in Vegas. I have found some very helpful information on other sites under "vegas promotional codes."

Third request:

Do you want to stay downtown, or is it more that your budget for this trip places you downtown?

If you only want to stay at the Nugget you can book it HERE for $122/nite. If you'd prefer to bid on this let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

And answer my PM to unlock this thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases