Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Omni

headtrip
By headtrip,
in

Looking to see if I can catch a hotel in Del Mar or Sorrento Mesa. I was afraid to bid Mission Valley because there are some 2.5s there I would rather not get. Still have time to bid, so I'll be watching for other's bidding around the same time frame too.

My bidding so far was:

3*

Del Mar

Sorrento Mesa

$52...rejected

add 2.5*

$54...rejected

add Downtown SD

$56...rejected

add Point Loma-Shelter Island

$57...rejected

add Coronado

$58...rejected

add SD Coastal

$60...rejected

Ok, tried again today...

Del Mar

Bid $55 rejected...Add Sorrento

bid $57 rejected...add Downtown

bid $60 rejected...add Pt. Loma

bid $62 rejected...add Coronodo

bid $65 rejected...add SD Coastal

bid $68 rejected

I see the Del Mar Doubletree was won for $75 but for a date in July.

As long as i have time, I'll keep plugging away.

CrimsonBane ,

Did you win it on Priceline? If you did, you should create a separate post to show your win. Because I have been bidding 2 1/2 properties, I have been avoiding Mission Valley so I wont get the Handlery Hotel, which has a bad reputation. Maybe I'll try 3 star next time.

Also been reading the threads about bidding in advance...I've seen other properties being won at prices below what I'm bidding, so I know I am in the ballpark. I would like to see if more inventory becomes available because I have already been rejected at the same price, and that would show if more rooms did become available on priceline in the interim. I feel I would like to save at least $25 over what I would pay for a conventional hotel where I have all the details in advance, so I think I will keep my bidding under $80.00.

3* San Diego (Mission Valley-Hotel Circle) Help needed, $95 or $104 for same amenities 8/13/06

I have never used Hotwire before, mostly because I never had trouble booking properties through priceline, but apparently such is the case this August that I am looking at Hotwire as an alternative.

Anyways, while searching Hotwire, I noticed when I listed 2 adults only as occupants, I got this result:

3*** $95 (Best Value)

Fitness, Restaurant, Golf, Pool, Internet

When I listed 2 adults and 2 children (what I am bringing), I got:

3*** $104

Fitness, Restaurant, Golf, Pool, Internet

My thought is that it is the Town and Country for both, but I was curious why no best value was listed by the 2nd hotel. Any thoughts?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The "Best Value" designation is determined by the price and star rating relative to the other offerings on the same search. So when the price went up by $9 (for the quad occupancy) another hotel on the search became a better value (when evaluating price for star level received).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid again tonight starting at $75 and bidding $4 increments up to $94, just shy of the Hotwire Price to see what I would land. I got upgraded to the 4* Omni for only $94!! Just wish I could save a few bucks over their valet parking. Does anyone know any discount parking lots in that area?

Check-In Date: Sunday, August 13, 2006

Check-Out Date: Monday, August 14, 2006

Hotel Name: Omni San Diego

675 L Street

San Diego, California 92101

619-231-6664

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $94.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $94.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $18.72

Total Charges: $112.72

It's a very good hotel for only a few dollars more than most other 2* hotels in San Diego, so sure I am pleased.

The previously rejected bid was $90, and yes it was in the Downtown-Harbor Island district. I used the same bidding strategy as before, starting with 3***

Also, I think I can get a deal on parking also, because there is a city lot at 6th and K, which advertises $6 max parking and free parking on Sundays, althrough if there is a game at Petco Park, the event parking price is $10 for the game. The lot is immediately behind the hotel, but I still need to see what the limitations are, such as overnight parking.

You can park in the white zones and meters around the hotel during non-gametimes, after 6pm weekdays, and all day Sundays for free. The parking lot across from the hotel is the same hotel the valet uses, to park there yourself costs significantly less. There are a few other lots around the hotel that are far cheaper than the ~$25/day Omni charges.

On game day, park your car the night before and all day gameday, and avoid exorbitant gameday parking charges.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]