Priceline Hotel: 3* Roanoke (North-Airport) Wyndham

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

Was trying to book reservations for June 24-28. None of my bids were successful from 2-3 star...didn't have much room to play around with. Bid 38 2* and up to 52 3*. Finally had to divide my stay in two. Price for a 3* was accepted at 46 for a ck in of June 26 and ck out of June 28. Came to 56 w/ tax and got the Wyndham.

Extremely upset with what happened next. Bids for 3* at 62 were not excepted for dates June 24-26. Ended up with a 2* (bid 40 and came to 49 w/tax). The problem is that it is an extended stay. I realize at most extendeds you either can talk your way into a 2 bed rm or have to pay a liitle extra. The problem this time is that it appears this particualr hotel has only queen rooms. Looks like I'll be sleeping on the floor for those nights.....not a happy customer this time!!!!.....fyi these are both airport locations

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please only post one win per thread, it:

-helps keep all board wins in the same format

-enables users to see each hotel won by scanning the topic titles

-allows for searching the board in 'search topic titles only' mode

-most importantly, automatically includes the thread in the 'recent wins' link if a PRICELINE MAP is offered for this area

We'll use this thread to represent your Wyndham win... please post the details of your second purchase as a NEW TOPIC.

Am i correct that the Wyndham is in the (North - Airport) zone? When you split your bid, was $46 your first bid at the 3* level?

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry bout that...will repost second hotel info. Yes you are correct it is the North-Airport area.

Bid Info as follows:

June 24-28

3* $46 denied

2.5* $42 denied

2* $38 denied

June 25-28

3* $52 denied

2.5* $46 and $54 denied

2* $44 denied (this search did not include tanglewood area as I relogged in and did not want a 2 star in that area as it contains a travelodge advertised for $50 a night)

June 26-28

3* $46 accepted ($61 advertised on hotwire.....currently listed now at $45...go figure!!!...... however highspeed as an ameniti is not listed so I believe this is a different hotel than the wyndham...)

June 24-26

3* $62 denied

2.5* $56 denied

2* $40 accepted (once again this is an extended stay so I am quite upest with this one....)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]