Priceline Hotel: Looking for strategy help in FL

dwh
By dwh,
in

Hello,

I'm still kind of newbie but let me see if I got things right. I need to have a maximum bid, correct?

I want a hotel for Melbourne Florida (there are 2 zones, melbourne and north melbourne) from the 16th to 20th.

So my maximum bid is $69 since I found two priceline hotels at that rate.

If possible, I'd like a strategy that includes an internet connection, but as I understand priceline, this would be hard....

Anyway, I'm last minute but would appreciate a strategy if you can help.

Oh, and am I supposed to tell you my winning bid right in this thread or somewhere else?

Oh yeah, I need a car too from Orlando airport :)

Edit: Do I need to give you a maximum rate for that too?

Someone told me they can reliably get a car from priceline for $16/day so let's say $18-$19 if you all think that's feasible?

Yes, both zones are acceptable to me.

Also yes on June 16-20.

Not sure how they define stars but maybe if I explain what I'm looking for that would help?

@ a minimum, I'd like a clean bed...clean bathroom/shower...a decent TV wouldn't hurt but I can live w/o it for a great deal... So I guess 2*? Or 2.5* would fit that?

Why don't you do a Priceline search from their non-opaque product (which you did above to see local prices for these dates) and get a feel for the hotels offered at each star level.

The Melbourne zone has hotels up to 3* while the North zone only goes as high as 2*.

For the $69 price you quoted above, what hotel is that and what is the star rating? Is that property acceptable to you? (i'm not suggesting you take it, i'm seeing if this is truly a 'good' back-up plan to determine your maximum bid)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why don't you do a Priceline search from their non-opaque product (which you did above to see local prices for these dates) and get a feel for the hotels offered at each star level.

Thanks. Good idea. 2* seems totally fine.

The Melbourne zone has hotels up to 3* while the North zone only goes as high as 2*.

So that means if the first bid doesn't work I can rebid, correct?

For the $69 price you quoted above, what hotel is that and what is the star rating? Is that property acceptable to you? (i'm not suggesting you take it, i'm seeing if this is truly a 'good' back-up plan to determine your maximum bid)

It's a Super8 and 1*. Didn't notice that at first. I think Super8 should have decent beds. But I guess I'd pay the $79 for Quintas...So you're right $79 is max bid...

Last question before bidding....

You were just in time! :)

I was about to bid and looked one more time :)

Is lowest price the most important factor OR would you prefer a higher rated hotel for a bit more?
I'd pay a bit more for a higher rated hotel.
If Cocoa Beach is less would you sooner look there first?

I don't know the area that well but from what I could tell, it's some 20 miles away which is totally acceptable...so yes, I'd be happy w/ Cocoa Beach.

When bidding 3* in Cocoa Beach you have two re-bid zones available. When bidding 3* and 2.5* in Melbourne you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

This is how i would begin:

Select 3* Cocoa Beach...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Cocoa Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Melbourne...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Melbourne...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45.

Start with the above and if not successful we'll then take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I did:

Select 3* Cocoa Beach...

Bid $50,

rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55,

rejected

if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Cocoa Beach and re-bid zone2...

I got stuck on this one because I couldn't select 3*. Only 2* and less was available.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]