Mention of Priceline at Check-In?

Trippy
By Trippy,
in

As I was reading through some of the hotel reviews on this site, I noticed that quite a few reviews say "No mention of Priceline at check in".

I just recently used Priceline to book a hotel in Ottawa and received the Ottawa Marriott. I was very pleased with this! When I was checking in, I told the person at the counter my name and she looked up my reservation and then she said "Oh, was it through Priceline?" and I said "Yes". And that was the end of that.

I'm just wondering if booking through Priceline puts you at the bottom of the list for granting requests. I had initially called the hotel after we booked to request a king bed instead of two doubles. Our request wasn't granted. Not a huge problem...didn't through a hissy fit in the lobby or anything. The accommodations were still good. But I just want to know for the future, is it a bad sign when the person checking you in mentions "Priceline"?

Thanks!

Some (unprofessional) clerks do descriminate against customer of the opaque suppliers, and sometimes this even comes down from the management level (very unprofessional)... but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

This is also getting beyond the opaque suppliers... some hotels are no descriminating against any guests that don't book directly thru the hotel's official website. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]