Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Hyatt Regency

KJC
By KJC,
in

I needed a hotel in San Francisco for June 13th, and after reading several posts on this forum, I first tried to get a downtown hotel (USW or USE), using a bidding strategy similar to the one posted on June 9th by the person who ended up at the Hyatt Regency downtown. It failed. My bids up to $100 were all rejected for any 4* in USW or USE.

After this, I decided to try the airport. I started bidding at $70 and was immediatelyaccepted by the Hyatt Regency at SFO. This was my first time using Priceline and I was pleased with how smoothly the check-in went. I will mention that the hotel was undergoing some remodeling of the atrium lobby. The lobby restaurant was closed, which didn't bother us much as they had two other restaurants remaining open. There was also a little occasional banging from the atrium during the first hour after we checked in at 4pm; it ended by 5pm as the notice in our room had promised.

Otherwise it was a fine hotel and easy stay.

But I am still wondering why I couldn't get any 4* downtown at $100 since other people on the forum seem to be having consistent success at even lower prices. I suppose it could have been a bad date? Or are rates going up?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]