Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Sheraton Maui

rollin buckeye
By rollin buckeye,
in

Half my honeymoon's now booked. Had been agonizing over which parts of the islands to stay at and when. Tonight was finally my first attempt on priceline. You guys have the best bidding strategies for Maui compared to any other city I've researched on the forum. Here was the process:

bid 1: Resort at Kaanapali-Lahaina for $150. Immediately offered free rebid for $25 more, which I ignored.

bid 2: Added Kahului for $155, rejected

bid 3: Logged out and returned. Enetred Kaanapali-Laihaina and Kihei for $160, accepted!

Sheraton Maui

Your Offer Price: $160.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $160.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $28.32

Total Charges: $188.32

As per lonestar's prior recommendations, this was to be my max bid for the night, so I'm pretty happy with the result. I assume I still have to pay the resort fee, right? BTW, anyone know what kind of room you end up with?

I need your guys opinion, though. I'm considering extending my stay by 1 night and just canceling my first night at the Four Seasons in Wailea, which is where we're staying for the last 3 nights of the trip. That's a mountainside room at $395/night plus tax. Anybody who knows both hotels have any advice?

The only part left is to schedule the first couple nights. I was curious about the old post for a 3* in Kihei for $81. I tried bidding on that before I made my resort bid, starting at $70 and going up to $85 before quitting. Hopefully I'll win that soon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]