Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Downtown) Marriott

ruschl
By ruschl,
in

:) I will be in Ft. Lauderdale before my Cruise on November 28th, earlier this year I used Priceline and got the Embassy Suites for $75.00 what a deal. But it looks like it's sold out for that time (I'am really bummed) so I need to bid on another hotel. There will be six in my room so I was hoping for a two room Suite. Any suggestions for another Suite hotel which is close to the Embassy quality. Where should I start my bid?

The only other suite hotel i know in the immediate area is the AmeriSuites.

Just my opinion, but I think you're pushing it with getting one room thru Priceline for 6 people. As there is no way to ensure a suite hotel, what if you get a non-suite hotel? If you're committed to only getting one room, i'd sooner try to get this thru Hotwire so that you can view the amenties and at least be sure you're getting a suite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although in the Beach area, the Doubletree Galleria or Oceanfront is another suite hotel option. They are both convenient to the Intercoastal waterway but do not have transfers or breakfast in their cost. Once you win the bid, you can call the hotel to request the "bedding" configuration that you will need: two doubles with the pull out soafa. The suites are two large separate rooms with one large bath. Taxi to the pier is about $15.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'am ready to get serious, I'am running out of time. I going to book today. But I'am still a little nervous, where do I start my bid for a three start using priceline? and is Priceline and Hotwire the same? If so why does Hotwire show you the priciing up front. What does the quote function mean in this forum.

Priceline and Hotwire are not the same, although they share many similar characteristics (the main one being that they each will only show you the name of the hotel after you have purchased it). Read this: I Have Never Used Priceline or Hotwire and then if you want to move forward with Priceline i'll supply a strategy for that; if you decide to use Hotwire let us know and i'll advise on that.

Are you still planning on only getting one room for the 6 of you (which i don't recommend, but it's your decision)... i think your chances of getting a suite hotel are less than 50/50?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline allows you to select the zone and quality level only, so if you go with Priceline you can not request airport shuttle or breakfast... you'll have to take whatever it is that you win.

Hotwire will allow you to see the amenities before purchase. A search for your dates doesn't reveal a 3* or hotel or better with an airport shuttle; but i think i know what 3* hotel is being offered and their website does indicate an airport shuttle.

Now that i have clarified the limitations above, do you still want to go with Priceline?

Most cruisers stay either Downtown, or in the airport zone, do you have a preference? If that zone isn't available, would you take the other zone in order to save money or prefer to raise you bid?

Try this for Priceline (don't forget to select 2 Rooms from the drop-down menu):

1) select 3* Downtown

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $49

If rejected close that browser and start completely over in a new browser...

2) select 3* Airport

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $50

If rejected close that browser and start completely over in a new browser...

3) select 3* Airport and Downtown

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $55

If the above fails, then we can go for a Hotwire offering that is currently at $56.

If you don't kwow what a re-bid zone is give this a read: Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions or confirm what you think your re-bid zone is.

Glad you got something and are now all set with your plans.

Is this the Marriott Marina in the downtown zone (or a Marriott in the airport zone?)

Can you also add how you bid this, i'm curious to know if this was your first bid or what bids were rejected beforehand.

THANKS!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]