FL Miami Airport Embassy Suites

2pi
By 2pi,
in

Room

First impression, a renovation has long been due on this hotel. The TV's and furniture are very old and the room has a strong humidity smell, though it didn't smell to tobacco (PL booked me a smoking room). The jacuzzi wasn't working and the last day the a/c in the room began doing a strange noise.

However, I was gladly surprised by the size of the room--it's even larger than my 2-bedroom apartment :) :)! The `living room' has a small round table with four chairs, a TV, and a sofa-bed (probably queen size), making this room comfortable enough for 6 people. The room also had a coffe-maker, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The first one was microscopic while the last two were generous in size.

The lights in the room were extremely dim and a desk was missing, which make this room not apt for a business trip.

NE corner of the airport. Nothing interesting around it. Not even a fast-food.

Manager's Reception

Not much food (pop-corn and some salty snacks) but lots of drinks: soda, juices, beer (draft, 4 kinds), whisky, etc. Served everyday from 5:30pm until 7:30pm, in a corner of the loby with two big-screen TV's.

Breakfast

Very good with many varieties of every item. Fruits (citrics, mellons, and bananas), cereals, donuts and bagels, yogurts, and the usual hot and cold beverages. Hots: bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, french-toast, potatoes, and an omelette station. Overall, the quality is very good.

Internet Access

The entire hotel has wireless access for $10 per day. Didn't try it. There's a small business center in the lobby which charges per minute ($0.10), but the computers use a disgusting shell on top of windows.

The staff were friendly but the guys at the front-desk were overwhelmed with work, which maked the check-in/-out not very smooth. One of the guys by mistake gave me the bill showing how much PL paid for the room ($37 per night).

The idea of this hotel seems very interesting. Never stayed before in an Embassy Suites. I liked very much the large room and having something to do during the early evening. However, this property needs a serious renovation.

• 1 year later...

Booked this for $80 as a package that included a rental car for one night via hotwire. It was booked on 09/04/04, as my original Miami hotel resrvation was cancelled, as the hotel closed due to a hurricane.

Stayed here for 1 night (September 5, 2004), and agree with the above post. My flight arrived too late to attend the manager's reception, but I was more than pleased with the breakfast. The rooms, while large, are in need of renovation.

I used the internet access through the TV. The service was slow and hard to navigate, but similar to the service I have seen at other hotels.

The biggest problem with the room was the fact that the carpet in front of the bathroom entrance was soaked with water. I advised the front desk the next morning about this. Even though I was not looking for a discount, the clerk took the $10 incidental charge (for internet service) off of my bill.

I probably would not book this hotel directly, but would not mind winning it again on a future priceline/hotwire stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]