Hotwire Hotel: hotwire hotels for Albany NY airport

chronsie
By chronsie,
in

Please note the first paragraph in the Hotwire list:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Hotwire offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Hotwire all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it's always a good idea to look at the Hotwire map before purchasing.
If you'd like assistance, please post your dates and the hotel(s) that you'd like identified and we'll try to help you.

Well Hotwire has a 3* Albany Airport for $120 with the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Ctr, Internet, Business Ctr

If you want to try to get a lower price by bidding on your hotel stay, you could try Priceline. As with Hotwire, you are selecting a hotel within a particular star level, and cannot bid for a specific hotel.

If you are using Hotwire then hotels will be offered to you, described with star rating and amenities.

Have you done a search for your dates and area to see what is offered? Is anything within your price range/budget? If so then post the details (star rating and amenities shown) and we can try to help you identify the property.

On the other hand if you're looking to use Priceline then let us know that along with your desired star rating and maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow (but keep in mind, as per How Priceline Works, you are not bidding on specific hotel but rather a minimum star rating within a goegraphical area)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am getting a better understanding by reading more. I tried Priceline and bid $50 on a 3 for the Albany airport area and was rejected. I added Latham knowing they didn't have a 3 for $55 and was rejected again. I had seen someone had posted here and she had gotten the Marriott this way last January or so for, I believe, $48. So, I guess I could try again tomorrow (after 24 hours) and up my bid? I really do not want to pay more than $80. I do have a cancellable reservation at the Wingate for $94 plus taxes. I hadn't thought to do it this way earlier. Do you have any idea who the 2* might be at Albany International on Hotwire?

Thank you.

Lesley

Do you want a 2* hotel or are you first willing to bid up to your $80 maximum?

I think you have a good chance at success if you're willing to bid up to $80, so decide first if you want to go this route and we'll suggest a bidding strategy OR if you'd rather lower your star rating.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]