Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial) Exchange Hotel

rapwriter
By rapwriter,
in

I bid $86 for 2 star hotel in Downtown New York City as I was actually was trying to get the Howard Johnson on Houston street in the Lower east side because of the amazing night life and it's 2 blocks away away for the worlds greatest deli Katz Deli. My bid was accepted, but not for HOJO, for a brand new hotel in the financial district called the Exchange hotel.

This hotel was "Seaport Suites" but it has been gut renovated and is now the exchange hotel. The hotel was THE BEST HOTEL I haved stayed in my 20 years traveling to the big apple. ( I have stayed at Rhiga Royal, Essex House, Regency, Marriott Midtown east)

The rooms are huge with plenty of space, my room had a walk in closet, a huge bathroom and plasma tv. It's 2 blocks from the south street seaport with over 100 shops and resturants. It's 3 blocks from the 2/3 subway station were you can take the 2 express train and be in midtown in 10 minutes or less. Check the hotel out at exchangehotel.com to see if you like.

Priceline has the exchange as 2 star hotel, If I were a hotel critic it's 4 stars in my book.

I got my room for 2 nights at $86. I would advise to select downtown only, click on 2 stars or 2 1/2 stars and bid at $85-90. If you win the exchange I guarantee you will be happy!

The date of my stay was May 25-May 27 during fleek week. I still can't get out of my head how wonderful the stay at the exchange was. I forgot to mention they offer free wireless internet when many Manhattan hotels charge $10-15 for internet access., held my bags for 14 hours without a problem, $86 a night for a room the size of a suite with a plasma tv and leather mini sofa and free wireless internet on wall street right by :) the water. Great experience and was much more pleasent than the hotels in times square. Now on I go through savingsbarn.com for my priceline purchases where ever I go.

Thanks

After visiting the website and looking over the amenities and photos I find it hard to beleive this hotel is only priceline rated at a 2*!!! Are you sure you were not "involuntarily" upgraded to a 2.5* as the Seaport Suites was rated 2.5* previously on P/L....

Looks like a real steal for a 2* !!! I may actually try for this zone on my August trip since location will not be a factor as long as I can get subway access!!!

It is ranked as a 2 1/2 star hotel but I feel the reason they rank the exchange so low is because it's a small hotel. Priceline has the New York Hilton as a 4 star, which at best it's really a 3 star. It baffles me on how some of these hotels are rated. The exchange is 4 star hands down due to the quality of the room and hotel staff.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]