Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Champions Gate) Gaylord Palms

Kathy813
By Kathy813,
in

Hello. I'm a newbie and have never used Hotwire before. I am planning to spend three nights in Orlando from 6/7/06 to 6/10/06.

I found a 3* in Orlando at Champions gate for $77 a night that is listed as a customer favorite. The amenities are: Restaurant, pool, fitness, tennis, business, laundry.

None of the 3* hotels on the hotwire list match the amenities exactly. The closest match is Radisson Worldgate except the Radisson also lists golf.

Can anyone help out a newbie here?

Thanks,

~Kathy

Either could be the case... it can be a 3* hotel that just doesn't have a lot of 'extras'; we have seen 4* hotels with only one amenity and 2* hotels with much more than that. On the otherhand, hotels don't have to list all of the amenities they have (some do this intentionally in order to increase opacity), all that is required is that they do have the amenities they do show.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought I'd let you know the final outcome.

I decided to splurge and went for the 4* resort in Disney Main Gate - Champion Gate area. Considering the amenities and location, I was sure it would be the Omni. I was surprised to learn after booking that it was the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention center.

It actually worked out better for me since it was closer to my mom's assisted living center which was the main purpose of the visit. I was just surprised since the Gaylord Palms is in Kissimmee but did not appear when I checked the Kissimmee area.

I paid $126 a night for the 4 star resort.

I'm happy especially since this was all so last minute. Thanks for your help.

~Kathy

Listed as:

Disney Main Gate - Champions Gate $126 a night

Amenities listed: Resort, Restaurant, Pool(s), Fitness, Spa, High Speed Internet, Children's Activity Program, Golf

Dates requested: 6/7/06 - 6/10/06

Turned out to be the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida

After checking out the website, I am even more pleased. The only downside I can see is that there is a surcharge for the highspeed Internet access which my husband needs for business reasons. I checked all of the main online hotel reservations sites and couldn't find a room at the Gaylord Palms Resort for under $199 a night for those same dates so Hotwire saved me quite a bit of money. I have also found only glowing reviews of the hotel.

I am calling in the morning to request a non-smoking room. The Omni also had a resort fee of $10 a day which I can't find on the Gaylord website but I have a feeling they will have one also.

~Kathy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]