Hartford, CT (BDL) Hertz SUV

lnstrdt
By lnstrdt,
in

Dates 6/14 -6/22 (6d)

Car type - wanted minivan, accidently bid "up" to SUV

City: Hartford, CT - was one of the more expensive car rental cities 4yr ago when I moved here!

Winning bid: $30

Company: Hertz!

Total Rental Days: 6

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes & Fees: $59.58

Total Charges: $239.58

Bid history

I tried to help my dad find a 'deal' as he's paying for everyone to come . I first checked Hotwire - compared SUV to Minivan. The price was the same $36.95/day (270-280 for the week) for each but only the minivan listed capacity as large enough.

I then went to Priceline to bid: first bid for minivan at $15 rejected (I knew it would be but I had 6wks left at the time so I thought what the heck). 2nd bid for minivan @ $25 rejected. 3rd bid same day for $30/day was accepted by Hertz at the Hartford,CT Bradley airport. Then the confirmation came through - it's for an SUV. I know I started with minivan selected, but I'm afraid that somehow scrolling down to put in my offer or intials that the drop down box was still activated? and I failed to notice??? At $30/day it is a considerable savings over Expedia/Orbitz/hertz direct for the week so I'm not upset, I'm just afraid it won't be big enough.

Definitely call Hertz and try to request a bigger vehicle... they may require you pay extra though.

That's one of the disadvantages in booking through Priceline... a minivan directly through alamo can be had for $278 incl. taxes for the week.

Maybe Priceline will offer you a 1 time cancellation... good luck!

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]