Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hilton

zebazga
By zebazga,
in

I was just rejected for Boston Airport 3* at $58. I probably should have just bid $60 right off the bat because that's as high as I can go.

I really want Boston airport. I'd like to find out if I can get it for $60. If not, I'll drop down to 2.5 stars and see what happens.

What should I do for my next bid? Bid Airport 3* plus a rebid zone? Or bid Airport 2.5* at a lower price?

There don't seem to be any Boston zones without a 2.5 hotel, so once I guess I only get one chance at hitting the right price for a 2.5 in airport.

Thanks for the help. Oh, this is for Friday 5/26 - Saturday 5/27, so first night of holiday weekend too.

Do you really want the 3 star or fear you wont be able to get the 4 star?

I got the hilton that weekend (Fri-Sun) for $65 a couple of weeks ago.

The Hilton Rates have dropped from 159 to 129...try bidding 55-65 using your free re-bid zones

Welcome!

As I've been beaten to the punch, the 4* hotels near logan are really cheap for Friday night. The Hilton is showing $129 direct and the Hyatt is $149. You would have been 'upgraded' bidding at the 3* level if you met their asking price, but you may want to consider trying into the low $60s (by a dollar or two) if you'd like a nice hotel.

If you don't know how to rebid, take a look through this thread to learn how to find the 3 areas that lack a 4* hotel.

Once you've done that, try the following 24 hours after your last attempt:

Select 4* Logan

Bid $51, if rejected add rebid area 1...

Bid $56, if rejected add rebid area 2...

Bid $59, if rejected add rebid area 3...

Bid $62

Rejected at $58 (3* and 4*) and $61 (4* only). Accepted at $65.

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.93

Total Charges: $80.93

Higher than my per diem, but I'll be able to turn in car rental a day early and maybe work will reimburse me.

Thanks for the help.

No, I know how to bid for a star and zone by using zones that don't have that star level. What I'm unclear on is the best way to bid when I want either star level in one zone.

Is it best to start with highest level and bid up as high as I'll go with all the zones? Or is it better to bid once in the zone you want at higher level, then drop down to the lower star level? Then if you don't get the lower level, close broswer, reopen with original zone and one of the free rebid back at the higher level.

And is there any strategy other waiting to be able to rebid if there aren't any zones that don't have your zone levels?

I went ahead and go the 4* at the airport for $65 (there's a thread for it). Was hoping for a 3* to be cheaper, but I'll live.

However, I'd still appreciate any thoughts on my strategy questions.

Thanks.

Or is it better to bid once in the zone you want at higher level, then drop down to the lower star level? Then if you don't get the lower level, close broswer, reopen with original zone and one of the free rebid back at the higher level.
You cannot do this. Once you've selected a lower star rating, you cannot go back up to the higher level.
And is there any strategy other waiting to be able to rebid if there aren't any zones that don't have your zone levels?
Once you've bid the 3* level, you can either go lower or wait the 24 hours to try the 4* level.
I went ahead and go the 4* at the airport for $65 (there's a thread for it). Was hoping for a 3* to be cheaper, but I'll live.
So did you bid for the 4* level? Were you successful?
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]