Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help - is it too late?

jolpot
By jolpot,
in

I want to be anyplace in Manhattan so that I can spend 2 quality days touring the area. I am new to betterbidding and still not familiar with all the 4 zones or even bidding strategies on priceline. Although, I dont want to be spoonfed(desirable :-) ), can you please give me some pointers on how to get started, I read a couple of articles starting with x and still unclear...first bid, HELP please...

NYC, price range $65-90...dont really care about star rating as long as we get a place to crash for the night and get up in the morning and get going and get to park the car and take the subway(local transportation)...

Hello thereyouare,

Awesome, awesome site!

priceline maps is superb!

wolcott and melrose seem to be in the range and have seen previous wins in the range of $60 per night for melrose. I may bite the bullet and tailor the trip to one night and bump it up to 100-120(I would love to stay at the Waldorf astoria for one night, again previous wins of 110-120)

Backup plan - there is a place in Elizabeth NJ, 15miles from Jersey city for $65 + taxes...I dont want to cross manhattan however...I could possibly choose 19, 20th or 21st may...star rating really doesnt matter unless it helps in the rebid process.

many thanks,

A back-up is not a hotel thru Priceline since you don't know if your bid would be accepted for your dates... it is something that is readily available and bookable.

I'm confused... how many nites is your stay? 5/19-5/20 to me is one nite (or are you refering to 5/19-5/21 (which is two nites?))

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the backup is a hotel which we called yesterday and got the rates upfront.

I am trying to see if I can make it sweeter and the search landed me here. I havent made my mind yet on 1 or 2 night stay(means, flexible!).

Ever heard of this hotel? - I happened to see this in the list of hotels in the upper manhattan area...

Hotel Riverside Studios Rooms Availability1 Room

Key words above: Shared Bath

Here are some comments.

If the above is what you're looking for than just book a hostel... priceline and hotwire properties are in a different category than 'shared bath' accomodations.

Once you determine the length of your stay, budget, etc. we'll be in a better position to help you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still optimistic :)

Hostel, no please. I dont think "riverside" will cut for me based on your link.

Alright, this is what I am looking for - 5/20-5/22 and price again is in the 65-90 per night.

Since I am so flexible and new to NY, dont know where to start or what Star to pick and work my way upwards or downwords

Have you done anything?? At this late date and with the parameters you specify I think you should look to the Newark area and take the train into Manhattan (20-25 min) If you have a car Manhattan will kill you in parking fees. You may try a 2* in the MTW zone and hope for the Milford, its not bad but if you have a car I would look to the Jersey area as parking is much cheaper!! Something like a 2* is your only hope in Manhattan in your price range in my opinion....

Good Luck!!

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=24565&

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]