Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Radisson Prince Kuhio

Newbie2006
By Newbie2006,
in

I know this is in a rush but a friend of mine is going to Honolulu next week, I tried to help him to bid via SB and we tried few times with no luck. Can someone give me an idea on how to bid for the hotel in Waikiki N or S area ?

We first tried 4* ... bid up to 115 USD - rejected

Lowered to 3* ... 90 bucks - rejected

we even tried 2* for 50 - no luck!!!!! is it a really popular days to go or we just had a rough day?

We saw Ohana Sky Maile court for 69/night so thats our very last option. Can someone give us a better bidding strategy? please help !!

It's a pretty last minute bid, we tried bid on hotels few days ago for 3 consecutive nights, no lucks at all even for a 2* hotels! My friend was pretty frustrated and about to book a hotel on Expedia/Travelocity"]Travelocity due to the fact that he has no luck with priceline.

Anyhow, right before he booked, we decided to give a last try and we found a 3.5* hotel listed on hotwire in Waikiki central for $85/night (best value) so we figured that there are more inventory for the room for the priceline as well.

So, we started as follow:

1. Waikiki North for 75, rejected

2. Added Waikiki South for 77, got accepted!

My friend is very excited and yet happy about the fact that he saved 60% off the price of the room (189.99 retail). It gave him more bucks for him to spend on the island activities and yet buying a gift for his parents back home in Vancouver. Thanks all! What a GREAT Bargain. Its his 1st success yet my 2nd success bid with Priceline. we'll use priceline to book hotel from now on.

Yes I did asked him to use SB linkto book the trip :)

FYI: The hotel price went up to $88 on Hotwire. Must due to the fact that the cheapest room has been taken. Is it a good idea to call hotel ahead to request for the better room?

Thanks for directing your friend thru the SavingsBarn.com links for his bidding.

Hotwire's price changing a few dollars like that is completely normal and not indicative of a change in inventory. You can read this thread for further details: Hotwire Prices Change During the Day

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I have noticed the really awesome priceline deals are a thing of the past, more so for the resort type properties. Few years ago, I got wins at 150.00 to 160.00 resorts in Maui. Not a chance of that happening now. Hotel inventory is less since the demand is rising. Priceline is still great. Anytime you can save 100 bucks a night makes it worthwhile, but I guess I got a bit spoiled from the deals of the past.

That's true

with the inflation in EVERYTHING , its hard to find a great deal anymore (hey, even the motel 6 by my house charges 44.95/ night on a weekday night!

My friend is leaving tomorrow and i asked him to bring his laptop with me so once he's there I will update the post on the room n stuffs.

I am going on a trip myself too to SF this coming weekend @ Hilton FD, I will update on the hotel room that i am going to get too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]