Priceline Hotel: Need help

mogul
By mogul,
in

I've noticed that priceline has "boutique hotels" available (in San Francisco, for one) - but no stars listed. My question is how do you know the quality of the hotel you're getting if you opt to bid on that category? Some are much higher priced ordinarily than others. I'd hate to bid $75 for example and be given a hotel that lists at $80.

Also, is there anything special I should know when bidding for a longer stay, i.e. 10 nights?

Priceline considers Boutique hotels to be 3.5* rated and many do not bid this category do to the vast differences in quality that exist within this category. You can see this thread, PRICELINE STAR RATINGS for more info.

Regardling your lenght of this stay, this is date and region specific, so if you have a particular stay your inquiring about and you're ready to bid your best bet would be to post in the appropriate state category and ask for a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Either USE or USW would be fine. I just tried $65, from 2 1/2 stars up and wasn't accepted. Guess I'll wait 24 hrs. and try again. I'm not sure what some of the other areas are like (Civic Center, Cathedral, i.e.) and since I'll be a female traveling alone I want to make sure it's a safe area.

Okay. let's see if I have this rebidding thing right. I want a room from 6/9 - 6/14 in either USE or USW. So it makes sense to start with a 4 star in either of those areas and, if I'm unsuccessful, continue by adding Cathedral Hill or Civic Center at 4 stars, since according to Priceline's site, they have no 4 star hotels. Am I on the right track?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]