Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) JW Marriott

icedancer
By icedancer,
in

Yeah, no luck. I'm ready to bid again as soon as you can suggest a starting point :) .

Capital Hilton and Renaissance Mayflower are Pricing at $429/night on Priceline for those dates. The Hyatt is $269.

The Westin Embassy Row is $324 and the Omni has no availability for my dates.

To make sure you don't overbid, and although the reviews of the Madisson looks pretty good, if saving money is of interest...

How about making your back-up reservation at (what is believed to be) the Hilton Washington for $184/nite? (this is the Hilton on Connecticut Ave in the Dupont zone)

How would that property/location work out for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at your link, and the property and location seem good. I've never used EasyClickTravel Travel before. Are you just throwing this out there for bidding reference, and for if I fail with Priceline, or are you actually suggesting I book it and be done? (I thought there was no backing out with opaque vendors.)

Sorry for all the questions...

EasyClickTravel reservations are cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date.

EasyClickTravel gets a limited number of rooms at the prices they quote. When listed as "availble" they still have rooms at their contracted priceand can be booked immediately, when listed as "on request" ECT then contacts the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their contract price (sometimes they can, often they can't... during times of 'normal' availability the chances of having an 'on request' reservation fufilled are greater than at times of peak demand, although some hotels never give them additional rooms).

Since this is currently listed as 'available' and it is cancellable, i think you should book it and then try to beat it via Priceline. Knowing if the above is sufficient for your dates also enables us to lower your "price to beat" from $239 to $184.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd give this a try for starters...

Select 4* White House-Downtown...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125.

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and White House...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and White House and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and White House and re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont Circle and White House and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $165.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

OK, thanks. Got the JW Marriott for $165 through SavingsBarn.

Taxes and service fees $56.67 for a total cost of $386.67 for the 2 nights.

BTW, from $150 on up, it was taunting me with an "add $25" counteroffer.

Just my luck that the 2-3 times a year I go to DC, rates are higher than usual. Bleah. Thank goodness for Priceline!

One last stupid question: How do I go about cancelling my easyclicktravel reservation? There doesn't seem to be an option for this in "my account".

That's great news!

Although the price above is a bit higher than usual your other win is perfeclty "inline" with typical rates and is actually on the low side of accepted bids in this area, so between the two i think you did extremely well.

I'm not sure if you can cancel EasyClickTravel online or not, but they're pretty good about answering the phone pretty quickly. If you have any problems just let me know and i'll speak with our contact there to find the quickest way to get it done.

Have a great trip and enjoy your stay(s)... and thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up...my husband was able to cancel the EasyClickTravel reservation quickly and easily with one phone call (I had to leave the country in a rush right after finishing bidding and just returned this morning). Thanks again for all of the assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]