Priceline Hotel: NYC 7/14 - 7/18

J77
By J77,
in

Need assistance to NY on these dates, 7/14 7/18 Fri-Tue, MTW, or Financial District,( weekend may be easier and chapear on Financial District) any chances to get the Embassy Suites there? I will need 3 rooms, traveling with my brothers and their families

Not at all, but as we are traveling with children (12-15 ages) we are consider the option on book the Embassy Suites (194.00 for the weekend and 249.00 for the Monday night) and if we bid on MTW we will need 4 rooms consideing the room rules, and our budget can be up to $ 140.00

Thanks

I would first start by reading our NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS.

Seems to me as if you would need to bid for 4 rooms regardless... what if you bid 3 rooms for Downtown and are successful but not for the Embassy Suites?

If you're doing typical tourist stuff i woudl not recommend bidding downtown... it's very quiet on the weekends, you'll lose some of the "nyc feel", and you don't have as much (or as frequent) access to mass transit. The typical tourist bids MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well, that's a very good advise on financial district, so here is the complete scenario! 6 adults and lot of children's 8, what would you recomended, I completly agree with you on the zones, we will be tourist, so you think we will need 3 or 4 rooms, and these is just the beggining then I will be looking for D.C.(3 nights) Niagara Falls (3) and Montreal(2) on the same trip.

Thank's again!!!

It depends upon how much risk you're willing to accept... you're certainly going beyond the stated guaranteed occupancy levels, but then again, with a budget of $140/nite how else could you get any room in NYC for that price?

However, i would certainly forwarn the others that you'd be bidding for of the risks... you don't want to assume everyone is ok with it, have a problem, and then have it all fall on your shoulders.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sure, we are aware of the risk, but if this "risk" we are going to have can make us save a couple of bucks we'll take it.

I'll tell when we are ready to start bidding so you can help me to find a strategy to find a good deal. But definitly we're going to bid for the zones you just told me MTW, MTE UM/CPS

Thanks for your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]