Hotwire Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (North Strip) Aladdin

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

The best deal I've found is what I believe to be the Aladdin 4* north strip on hotwire for $109 average. It's a very expensive weekend, even excalibur is more money on their website. I checked easytravel and all the rest.

How should I priceline this? I am interested in the aladdin because I read about their european soaking tubs. Anyone know if they are big enough for 2 and a baby? I was hoping for a jacuzzi but I can't find any without booking direct with hotels for almost $200/night.

If I bid on priceline I might not get the aladdin, that wouldn't be the end of the world and all the 4* hotels seem pretty good. Aladdin is centrally located which is a plus.

and how does one do the $20 trick? is there a discrete way of doing it?

Thanks,

michael

I confirmed that the soaking tub is very nice & big enough for 2.

I bid:

5* strip $120 (no chance)

4* strip $60

I don't mind paying more but my wife really wants the soaking tub. So if there's a chance that we will get the westin I will just take hotwire. But presently hotline is only proposing two 4* hotels: aladdin & westin, and aladdin is about $40 cheaper. So am I correct to assume that if I bid more I will most likely get aladdin and not westin? (I know nothing is certain).

Trying again:

Bid 4* Strip $75: Rejected. Countered with $127 which is the price they show for Aladdin.

At this point I'm confident I'll get the Aladdin if I keep raising my bid. I'm not desperate, I think Aladdin is. So I will bid $80 & $85 tomorrow.

-Michael

Do keep in mind that EasyClickTravel has a limited number of rooms at the prices they quote as 'available'.

There is a very good chance you will not be able to beat the EasyClickTravel deal, so you may want to at least book the Aladdin as a back-up if you intend to continue to try Priceline... you don't want EasyClickTravel to sell their allotment of rooms and then find out priceline can't beat that price.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid $130 for 5* rejected

Bid $85 for 4* rejected

Later tried:

Bid $140 5* rejected

Bid $95 4* rejected

I think hotline has a better deal. I'm not sure where you got EasyClickTravel, they're over $200/night. No good deals there.

I'm wondering if I should relax and wait, or go ahead and buy from Hotwire? Do prices usually go up with one week left or go down?

-Michael

I was pricelining, going from $60 up to $110 but it didn't work. So I got it on hotwire. It was $109 last night but it went up so I bought it tonight for $116. You never know, it could have went down. Kind of like gambling. It was the only hotel for Strip North. I wouldn't have minded any of the hotels on the hotwire list 4* north, they're all very nice. We wanted aladdin for the soaking tub and central location.

It's easy to guess properties from the hotel list using the amenities.

And don't forget everyone, use the SavingsBarn.com website!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]