Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Arlington) Westin Arlington Gateway

borisbear
By borisbear,
in

Bid on the new Westin Arlington Gateway in Ballston, which is almost certainly the only 4* in the Arlington zone.

(I live down the street but need a room for one night for visiting family...)

Best website price was a non-refundable web special of $144. (Rack rate is about $350)

Hotwire showed a 4* in Arlington for $90 (I don't remember the amenities but they were pretty standard ones).

So I tried Priceline with just the "Arlington" zone and 4* for $61.

It came back with an immediate counteroffer of $79 but wouldn't let me change anything else, only accept $79 or cancel the bid entirely.

So I opened another PL window and tried again. Since I was in a bit of a hurry I just tried $72 and it hit.

Subtotal: $72.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.62

Total Charges: $89.62

Now if I had more time I'd have tried to use the free rebid trick to fine tune it a little more. My guess is the sweet price was probably $68 or $69.

This hotel opened back in February, is all non-smoking (as are all Westins now), and is only about 2 1/2 blocks from the metro station in Ballston. It's not as convenient as the Hilton (which is a 3* presumably), but that's only because the Hilton is ON TOP of the metro station. I haven't been inside it yet, but it's supposed to be quite nice. I'll try to post a review afterwards.

There's no question this is a deal, even with such high taxes and fees.

• 1 month later...

Any input on how the stay at this hotel went? I'm *this close* to bidding on this. Wondering specifically if most people are able to get rooms w/2 beds, as this is what I would be requesting if I bid on this property. (solo parent taking the kiddos and don't want to have to share a bed if I don't have to!). Thanks for any input you have on your stay at this site. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]