Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Westin

tobiasboon
By tobiasboon,
in

Read through the forum and think it great!!

've been bidding for the last month on 3 star downtown seattle th 05/11 to mon 05/14

using the 4 free rebids zone: bothell, lake union, lennwood, and univ of wash.

bidding 60, 68, 74, 80, 85. NO luck

Will be willing to go to 2.5 or 2* for similar 80+$ price. and really don't want to switch hotels mid trip.

hotwire prices are about 100~130..

suggestions? bid more??.. frankly i'm afraid of my 2* options.

Before suggesting a strategy for a lower star rated hotel... would you be interested in bidding a bit more for a 4* property? You're probably not too far off at this point, but i don't know how flexible you are with your budget.

Let us know either way and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have six re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Seattle. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $102, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105

If the above fails it it unclear from your post if you then want to try for a 3* or a 2.5* (btw, if the above fails you don't have to wait 24 hours before trying again for a lower star level... just close the browser and re-access pricelne however you did previously and start from a 'new screen' so that the re-bid zones are no longer checkmarked).

Do note however that once you start bidding 3* and less you run a greater chance of being away from the Pike Place Market and closer to the Space Needle, both of which are within the 'downtown' zone as defined by Priceline.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

GOt the hotel i wanted! and went through Saving barn

background:

aimed for a 4* under 115 since many seemed succesful at this and as mentioned above whats an extra 20 bucks from a 3* couldn't get.

have been trying for over a month at 3* and figured i'd have better luck closer to the day.

HOtwire today (May 7th) showed a 4* customer fav for 140$

Bid strategy:

everything but Bellvue-redmond was a free rebid zone>

85 rej

90 rej

95 rej

100 rej

105 rej

figured i should prolly go to 115 so instead of smaller increments

110 accepted

The hotel:

got the westin

May 11 to may 15 2006

bidding on may 7th

Much thanks to the board

Congratulations on your win!

I'm glad to hear of your success and that you went for a 4* property in this area, as i think they're all "better than good" and almost ensures you of a great location. I've stayed at this property and it is very nice... be sure to ask for a room on a high floor (and be willing to wait for it if none are currently avaialble... they were very accomodating to my similar request). Soundproofing is a little thin, but a great location and the rooms are nice.

Thanks for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding :)

Also, try the early bird half price lounge menu at Brasa, one of the best deals in town.

Enjoy your stay and trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]